A possibility for the showcase?

Spiral_Slave

Apr 10, 2006
Florida
Hi I'm pretty new to this forum, and this will be my first year attending progpower. I was thinking, is it a possibility that Twilightning would perform at the showcase? They've never played in the States and Progpower would be the perfect spot for them to make their US debut, along with Firewind. Also, they have a new album coming out in March I think it is. I was just wondering, because I haven't seen them mentioned much on here and was thinking maybe it's a possibility? I would personally love to see 'em.

Hiya, Spiral;

Welcome to the PP board. Just to let you know, I think TPTB are considering Twilightning more as CO-Headlining ProgPower than playing the Showcase. Good choice of band, though.

Peace,
Ray C.

Hiya, Spiral;

Welcome to the PP board. Just to let you know, I think TPTB are considering Twilightning more as CO-Headlining ProgPower than playing the Showcase. Good choice of band, though.

Peace,
Ray C.

HUH??? Pleaseeeeeee dude....Lets be real. Vanden Plas and Freak Kitchen have way way way way way more clout than Twilightining ever will...In fact Twilightning's last album PHPS was a major let down as compared to Delirium Veil and they just do not have the album support and top notch songs to warrant a co headline spot. If I was to say, an opener or a 2nd spot at best and they would be happy to play the showcase...

I just heard new Machine Men today and it completely dominates Twilightning... Just my opinion of course

Bear

HUH??? Pleaseeeeeee dude....Lets be real. Vanden Plas and Freak Kitchen have way way way way way more clout than Twilightining ever will...In fact Twilightning's last album PHPS was a major let down as compared to Delirium Veil and they just do not have the album support and top notch songs to warrant a co headline spot. If I was to say, an opener or a 2nd spot at best and they would be happy to play the showcase...

I just heard new Machine Men today and it completely dominates Twilightning... Just my opinion of course

Bear

I agree with you that PHPS was a huge let down, and that I doubt they would get the co-headliner spot, that's why I was suggesting them maybe for the showcase. But you don't think there any chance?

I agree with you that PHPS was a huge let down, and that I doubt they would get the co-headliner spot, that's why I was suggesting them maybe for the showcase. But you don't think there any chance?

Maybe in years to come, I dont think this year they have a chance no...

The showcase has a much smaller budget than the main fest, and there's already two European bands on the bill. Expect the last two slots to be filled by smaller or unsigned US bands. That's really what a 'showcase' if for anyway.

In the last spots of the Showcase my votes go to Derdian or Galloglass and Hibria :)kickass: ). All three of these bands have only one real disc out I believe and are great up and comers in the metal world (at least in my book). They would completely make this so far great line-up even more badass.

In the last spots of the Showcase my votes go to Derdian or Galloglass and Hibria :)kickass: ). All three of these bands have only one real disc out I believe and are great up and comers in the metal world (at least in my book). They would completely make this so far great line-up even more badass.

All very good choices!

I saw Twilightning open for Helloween in Japan in 04 and was thoroughly unimpressed. To say that they are co-headlining material above bands like Primal Fear, Vanden Plas and the other bands signed this year is just not true. I could see them at the showcase, though.

Of course, this is my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions...

The showcase has a much smaller budget than the main fest, and there's already two European bands on the bill. Expect the last two slots to be filled by smaller or unsigned US bands. That's really what a 'showcase' if for anyway.

I agree with this. Vanden Plas is the main reason why I'm going to spend my weekend in ATL this year. However, I am really hoping for Echoes of Eternity for the showcase. They are an american band I believe, and just got signed to a major label.