A punk version of The Trooper

Ya, we heard them too down the hall. :p Fun stuff!
But even more fun.............there was a certain all female tribute to a certain band that begins with Iron @ the rehearsal studio who were playing Phantom of the Opera double/triple time! I'm not sure if it qualifies for punk or a mild form of speed metal. Where were the video cameras???? LOLOL!! The studio operators were cracking up! :kickass:

That's cool, I like different variations. At band practice at the end of the night we often do what we call "circus versions" of different songs. It's basically just playing songs at twice the normal tempo, we do The Trooper, Fool for the city, Cat Scratch Fever, Crush of love and others, it's fun and it also builds up your stamina and speed.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
But even more fun.............there was a certain all female tribute to a certain band that begins with Iron @ the rehearsal studio who were playing Phantom of the Opera double/triple time! I'm not sure if it qualifies for punk or a mild form of speed metal. Where were the video cameras???? LOLOL!! The studio operators were cracking up! :kickass:

Well if you check out the youtube video of the Paul DiAnno era Maiden clip they themselves did it at a breakneck pace. Probably 45 seconds shorter than you guys do it. Clive is flying on the drums.

Jim

A favorite of ours during soundchecks is to do a country version of "Fear of the Dark". That's fun!!!!!!

OMG I would die at that. :lol: Does Aja drawl the words, "Fered o de dawk" :lol:

Jim

Doodoobubbachuck said:

I would only count as punk if you could finish the whole song in under 2 minutes :heh:

spideyjg said:
OMG I would die at that. :lol: Does Aja drawl the words, "Fered o de dawk" :lol:

Jim

hahha YES! i thought i heard a twinge of yodel too :err: it's fun to lay the same notes over different rythms and switch up the tones of your favorites songs :) kinda like rap but 4real hehehhe

Did anyone hear the band Coheed & Cambria butcher that song... Oh lord... I wish everyone from Coheed & Cambria would just spontaniously combust onstage... That would make me giggle verily... Coheed and Cambria don't appeal to the metal audience. People try to tell me they are like a newer version of Rush... Those who agree with that deserve to be pitchforked in the ass.

Haha.. punk versions of Trooper or country versions of Fear...OMG, that would be so freakin funny if you played that in a show. How about a teazer? I bet the crowd would get a kick out of that! I know I would. I have a cd of the Killers tour called Killing Time. Phantom is played soo fast (way faster than they play it now), it's awesome, I love the way it sounds and it really brings the statement of "Lightning Fingers Arry" to life! He's flyin! You Iron Ladies ever try Phantom faster?

Red Shirt said:
Haha.. punk versions of Trooper or country versions of Fear...OMG, that would be so freakin funny if you played that in a show. How about a teazer? I bet the crowd would get a kick out of that! I know I would. I have a cd of the Killers tour called Killing Time. Phantom is played soo fast (way faster than they play it now), it's awesome, I love the way it sounds and it really brings the statement of "Lightning Fingers Arry" to life! He's flyin! You Iron Ladies ever try Phantom faster?
:p Each line of the verses becomes one long word! Like Argentinian Spanish! :lol:
Gotta breathe fast! Phew!