A question about politics

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hello

Something that has been bothing me for several years now - why is the Australian Liberal Party called the Australian Liberal Party, when their politics are conservative? As Paul Keating once said, how can you be liberal *and* conservative?

I dont know, labour doesnt labour much either, what with all their lurks and perks... F**king politicians.

is One Nation still around?

damn those fuckin rednecks.....

sad to say but Australia is a fuckin joke

Im still thinking we should form a collective metal party. Someone joked about it a while ago.

The Australian Metal Party. How cool would that be :headbang:

Change the national anthem to Manowar - The Gods Made Heavy Metal!

Those of you with very good memories will remember that the next anthem for Australia is We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister :D

Those of you with very good memories will remember that the next anthem for Australia is We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister

hahah! yes i wait for that glorious day!

id be happy with 'Great Southern Land' by Icehouse too.....either way......

Originally posted by salty
Im still thinking we should form a collective metal party. Someone joked about it a while ago.

The Australian Metal Party. How cool would that be :headbang:

Change the national anthem to Manowar - The Gods Made Heavy Metal!

That was me after the whole Metal For The Brain thing. I rule so much. :)

I was actually semi-semi-semi-serious. A metal party would attempt to boost metalheads' rights and make us more accepted in the community instead of the scary, Satan-worshipping and D&D-playing creeps everyone thinks we are. :)

Originally posted by Spiff
A metal party would attempt to boost metalheads' rights and make us more accepted in the community instead of the scary, Satan-worshipping and D&D-playing creeps everyone thinks we are. :)

Nothing wrong with D&D :D

EVERYTHING is wrong with D&D boys, it state openly to a lack of social life, and metal is all about having a life IMO :p

But yes a metal party would rock :headbang:

And The whole Liberal/Labor debate is ridiculous these days when they are so alike..and once the Labor party was all about the worker these days they are as interested in keeping us down as the fucking silvertailed Libs.....CUNTS :mad:

According to my Grandpa, it was all a big con when founding the party. The Liberals in the UK were popular, so the party in Oz decided to call themselves that to attract all those British immigrants, while at the same time attracting all those conservative fuckwits as well.