A question for experts

Hi, I`m a musician from south america and here we don`t have the tecnology required to record that you have (I mean in my country -Uruguay-).
Anyway, we can record very well (as you can listen on my website www.portal7.net). But, I want to have some especific sound, just like in Katatonia`s guitars. Could anybody tell me what kind of efects they use and how can I sound that way with rudimentary tecnology?
I mean, what kind of amplifier, efects, and, pc card sound, and plugins do I need to sound that way?
Thanks.

Frame said:
Hi, I`m a musician from south america and here we don`t have the tecnology required to record that you have (I mean in my country -Uruguay-).
Anyway, we can record very well (as you can listen on my website www.portal7.net). But, I want to have some especific sound, just like in Katatonia`s guitars. Could anybody tell me what kind of efects they use and how can I sound that way with rudimentary tecnology?
I mean, what kind of amplifier, efects, and, pc card sound, and plugins do I need to sound that way?
Thanks.

Put your guitar axe in a toaster, which you plugged previously in the ass of a donkey, then play the chord, and...YOU GOT THE KATATONIA SOUNDwhich they got in their garage at the age of 13, recording on a mono tape radio recorder.

More seriously, I don't think rudimentary technology can allow you to get their sound. And concerning the lead sounds, Fred and Anders have a very special feeling which is quite hard to copy...so sorry, but I'm afrais I can't help much.

well, this is what blakkheim is using:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Electric guitars:
ESP LTD VIPER-1000 Deluxe (flamed dark violet)
SCHECTER S-1 Elite (black cherry)
SCHECTER S-1 Plus (see thru black)
FERNANDES Monterey Elite (metallic black satin)
FERNANDES Ravelle Elite (black)
GIBSON SG-X (dark wineburst)
EPIPHONE Les Paul Special-II (wine red)
FRESHER Les Paul (sunburst)
CORT Flying V (black)

Acoustic guitars:
GODIN Multiac Steel SA
ARIA AW-200T 12 string acoustic guitar

Bass:
DIAMOND (sunburst)

Amps:
MATAMP custom 140 watt dual channel valve head w/2 4x12 cabs
GORILLA 30 watt amp

Effects/hardware/various:
BOSS GT-3
DIGITECH GENESIS 1
NADY PEM-500 In-ear monitor system
BOSS DS-1/DD-3/TU-2/PSM-5 pedals
LINE-6 Bass POD
ZOOM RT-234
ROLAND VS-840
ROLAND GI-20 + GK2A
PC INTEL PENTIUM 4 Northwood 3.0GHz
MBOX w/PRO TOOLS LE 6.1
REASON 2.0
MIDIMAN midi-keyboard
ADK GC-1 STD mic
ROCKBAG stands and cases

all according to the kata website.

[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
Frame said:
Thanks.