A question for Steph Harris

Metal up ur azz

Bassist for
Jan 5, 2004
Wish I'd know
A question to a fellow bass player:

Which way of playing bass do you prefer,with fingers or with a pick?(I think a pick is favorable because playing sixteenth notes are hell with fingers :hotjump: )

Metal up ur azz said:
I think a pick is favorable because playing sixteenth notes are hell with fingers :hotjump:
Pussy. :loco: I can do 32nd notes on my bass with 2 fingers using medium gauge roundwound bass strings and not break a sweat. For that technique, watch Cliff's solo on For Whom The Bell Tolls on the Cliff 'em All video.

A pick... I don't need no stinkin' pick! :Smug:

Actually, I'm still waiting to see Wanda play with a bow. When's the next show with the symphony, Wanda? :)

Metal up ur azz said:
A question to a fellow bass player:

Which way of playing bass do you prefer,with fingers or with a pick?(I think a pick is favorable because playing sixteenth notes are hell with fingers :hotjump: )
It depends on what is being played. I prefer the method that makes the music sound best. Ex: I would never play jazz or Iron Maiden songs with a pick...but I might use one for punk or speed metal.

Well,now that I got a better bass players opinion ( well,for now HA HA HA HA HA HA...no offence girl (I have more practice time then people have sleep time)) I know im goin the right way with the pick (only use it for real fast stuff)

smylex said:
Pussy. :loco: I can do 32nd notes on my bass with 2 fingers using medium gauge roundwound bass strings and not break a sweat. For that technique, watch Cliff's solo on For Whom The Bell Tolls on the Cliff 'em All video.

A pick... I don't need no stinkin' pick! :Smug:

Actually, I'm still waiting to see Wanda play with a bow. When's the next show with the symphony, Wanda? :)

Feb 6th. Click on www.southcoastsymphony.org for more info. :Spin:

I can do 256th notes at 480 bpm using a Black & Decker power drill. What's your point?

you can mimic bass tones with a power drill ?? forget my point!! how did you do that ?

I'm still waiting for Wanda to make her way back up here so I can see what a real bass player can do with my Beast. :worship: It's as big as she is, but so is her double bass I imagine.

bass.jpg

Metal up ur azz said:
Well,well,Linda!Am I suppose to deduce that you love dogs that much?Going around and stealing puppies tsss,tsss,tsss....
YES! I am a dog freak! So is Jojo! But no puppy stealing here. That's Alan's pooch who got out of the yard one day and in a bit of trouble. What a little cutie!!!! Maybe he needed to doo doo that day?