A question for y'all

I've done up a preliminary list, but I have to make sure I can find the CDs first, especially the Maiden ones as I haven't had need to listen to them for quite some time. Once it's ready I'll email everyone, and also post here again in case someone else wants to have a look.

Gavin - thanks for the tips. I'm not sure where I'll be living yet - maybe Wales, maybe Scotland, or maybe England if I'm desperate :) Maybe once my visa for the UK runs out (assuming I can get one in the first place) I'll apply for one in Ireland, as I would love to go there - depends on the age restrictions, etc, as well as my financial situation.

One thing - if you need proof of address in the UK to get a bank account, how can you use a bank statement addressed to you as proof? I'm confused!

well i was able to change the address of my australian account to a address in ireland with no questions asked, then i used that statement as proof.
i have only created an account in ireland not the uk but i believe its the same process.
good luck

Originally posted by Spiff

I've never sold CDs before, and I don't want to sell them to a second-hand store and get $5 each for them (if that)

Ha! $5 a CD from a second hand store? You'd be lucky to get 50c each from most of them! Definitely sell them yourself. $15 is pretty reasonable for just about anything on CD and if it's nearly new no one's going to complain.

Here's my advice for anyone thinking of selling records or CDs: Don't sell them to second hand stores! One store that will remain nameless gave a woman less than $120 for nearly twenty albums on vinyl that included picture discs, 12" singles, almost mint early Kiss albums and various other gems. If she'd sold them on eBay she could have asked nearly $120 for EACH of them!