A question to all.....

Ustrel

1,000 eyes are watching
Sep 1, 2004
Canada
I was talking to my roommates today and I want to know what you all think.

When one is murdered you are killed by someone, but when you are assassinated you are murdered by someone as well. We were thinking:

Why is it that some people which are murdered are not referred to as that but that they were assassinated? It seems that your only assassinated if your famous. How famous do you have to be to become assassinated?:err: why not say it was murder?

It's not only people that know secret information.. as we thought, but they have said.. for example that John Lennon was assassinated. Would some of you say he was or murdered? I have never heard anyone say that someone who is shot in the street was assassinated.. but always that it was murder.
I don't know.. please discus! :)

We came to the conclusion that hopefully one of us would be assassinated and therefore famous...lol....

because assasination is much more than murder 1 (premeditated) its planned far in advance. you have to have that shit planned just right...hence....assasination

AceRoccola said:
Assassination usually has a motive beyond "man, I really want to kill that guy"

There is a military or political goal.
I was gonna say something like that.
Murder is defined as "Killing someone because of primitive motives", like greed or jealousy or whatever. The motives when you assassinate someone are different

To be Assasinated usually means to be murdered for political or religious reasons, therefore when public eye religious/political leaders are murdered it will be referred to as assasinated. You'd have come to the same conclusion if you'd looked up assasinated in a dictionary.

assassinated is different than murdered in that it is usually referred to as first degree murder. first degree murder to those who do not know legal guidelines is a planned murder, and in the court of law, the so called killer is referred to as an assassin, and the people killed are said to have been assassinated, you just don't hear about smaller domestic murders as much because generally you do need someone to be famous in order to be nationally or globally recognized.