A quick question about Hollenthon...

Sep 2, 2003
London, England
"Lords of Bedlam" on 'With Vilest of Worms To Dwell'. What is the piece of classical music used at the start? I was told by someone is was Symphony 9 in E by Dvorak. So I downloaded the nearest thing I could find "Symphony 9, 2nd Movement" which is something different. :erk:

yes, they rule. No, they don't sound like Therion. Hollenthon use death growls, and don't use any symphonies or any gay shit like that.

Imagine if Therion got some balls, upped the death metal elements a lot, got a death metal singer, and wrote interesting songs. There you go.

Dreamlord said:
yes, they rule. No, they don't sound like Therion. Hollenthon use death growls, and don't use any symphonies or any gay shit like that.

Imagine if Therion got some balls, upped the death metal elements a lot, got a death metal singer, and wrote interesting songs. There you go.
:guh: The symphonic element is a hige part of their sound! Either way that was the correct song, so thanx for that. :headbang:

Oceanic Motion said:
:guh: The symphonic element is a hige part of their sound!
Yes, but they don't use real symphonies, instead relying on synths and keyboards, programmed sounds, giving them a more old-school feel, IMO.