A quick question....

Ahh Space Balls, thats such a good movie :D

I thought the funniest bit was Yoda jumping around like a basketball :)

Originally posted by Sydo
I don't think it was meant to be a comedy.. but it sure was! It was bad, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Stupid how it 'borrowed' all it's biggest scenes from other movies - The Fifth Element, Gladiator, Space Balls.

Yeah I noticed that as well, but Star Wars has always done that: the Death Star scene from ANH was based on one of the extended dogfights from Battle of Britain.

That part was funny and stupid, but I was more thinking about the script acting in general.

“I see this duel will not be won by knowledge of the force, but with light-sabres!! Grrwaaarrrgh” :lol:

“I hate sand, it so course… not like here. Everything is smooth here, especially me. Don’t you think so baby, huba huba. Schwiiing” :lol:

Attack Of The Clones watches like a sad parody of the original trilogy (i.e. Space Balls) in places. It's embarrassing and sad that some of those lines and acting performances got through to the final cut. :cry:

I know, picture this:

Cloud City at the end of The Empire Strikes Back. Just before Darth cuts off Lukes hand, he goes into a Bruce Lee pose. Thats the kind of stuff they did in AOTC! WTF?

"I hate sand....." :lol:

Live After Death is amazing. The best live album ever along with Kiss Alive! in my opinion.

I've heard Rock In Rio and I think 6 songs from Brave New World is WAY too much and it just comes across to me as being pointless and nothing special whereas I think Live After Death really captures the essence of Maiden.

Oh, and Countdown To Extinction is the Megadeth album I find to be really overrated. I mean it's good... but I much prefer Youthanasia because it is way heavier and has way more energy and is much catchier. CTE is mechanical and stiff I think.

Spawny ya friggin loon ya got it all wrong..
Digimorta aint bad..just aint good FF IMO and i have loved the band since SOANM waaayyy back in the early 90's

God Hates US all is a fucking masterpeice of music :p

Slipknot aren't half bad either
and i aint seen attack of the clones, so :p

Spawny, I never said I loved Slipknot. Please stop misrepresenting me in such a manner.

Oh, and LAD is Star Wars to RIR's Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. LAD is so much better than RIR it defies belief that someone such as yourself would think otherwise.

And if you like crowds so much, just buy bootlegs! :)

Your adjustments have been noted and shall be duly acted upon next time I am called to make a comment regarding the matters in question :)

I didnt say LAD was bad, I simply said I prefer to listen to RIR, please stop repr... ahh thats not funny ;)

Originally posted by The Trooper
CTE is mechanical and stiff I think.

That's how I feel about Youtanasia.
I much prefer Cryptic Writings over Youth and Countdown. :)

Originally posted by Goreripper
No dude, I'm serious. The original Star Wars was old westerns, swashbuckler films and war movies all rolled into one sci-fi package.

And it worked really well in the end.

For the record:

1. I haven't heard enough of Digimortal to like or dislike it. I'm not the biggest Fear Factory fan in the world though.

2. Slipknot are a disgrace to metal, music and human civilisation in general.

3. See question 1, but substitute Slayer for Fear Factory.

4. I don't have Rock in Rio in any form. Live After Death's good enough for me though :headbang:

5. A few acting/dialogue quibbles aside, Attack of the Clones is a great film and a worthy addition to the Star Wars mythos.

6. See question 3, but substitute Megadeth for Slayer.

W

I personally don't see why people don't like Slipknot. They play good, entertaining music, gimmick or no gimmick, and that's all that matters to me.

Oh, and regarding Digimortal, it's not bad, but nowhere near as good as Obsolete. Haven't really listened to it much, though, to be honest. Might give it another go one day.