A scoop for this site re: new Redemption...featuring....

nvandyk

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
...Chris Poland, Marty Friedman and Chris Broderick!

Official release is going out shortly. This community is family so I thought I would share it with you first.

Redemption to release new album "The Art of Loss" in early 2016 via Metal Blade Records

Redemption's sixth album, The Art of Loss, has been completed and will be released early in 2016 by Metal Blade records. Featuring groundbreaking guest performances from a number of legendary musicians, the CD's nine tracks contain over 70 minutes of Redemption's unique blend of passion, melody, aggression and complexity.

Los Angeles-based Redemption is helmed by Nick van Dyk (guitars, keyboards), and includes renowned prog vocalist Ray Alder (Fates Warning, Engine), bassist Sean Andrews, and drummer Chris Quirarte, as well as guitarist Bernie Versailles, who is presently on an indefinite medical leave of absence from the band.

The band recruited several of the finest guitarists in metal to complement van Dyk's playing. "We're fortunate to have worked with a number of amazing musicians," begins van Dyk. "To start with, I'm extremely proud to announce that Chris Poland has lent his immense talent as a special guest on this record, contributing his unique playing on the majority of the songs and elevating our music into extremely interesting territory while calling to mind his work in his previous bands, who need not be named. Additionally, we are fortunate enough to have mind-blowing guest performances from Marty Friedman, Chris Broderick and Simone Mularoni, all of whom are amazing guitarists who add so much to this record."

In addition, Redemption's cover of The Who's classic "Love Reign o'er Me" features a vocal duet between Alder and guest vocalist John Bush. "The combination of Ray's rich melodic voice and John's go-for-broke passion on this track really makes it special," explains van Dyk. "Daltrey's performance on the original is one of the most iconic vocal performances in the history of rock music and John does it great justice."

In addition to the nine tracks featured on the US release, bonus editions will be released in Europe and Japan, each featuring alternate versions of selected songs that highlight the guitar performances of Poland, Friedman, Broderick and Mularoni. In addition, the European release will include an additional cover song (A Great Big World's "Say Something") which features a vocal duet between Alder and van Dyk's daughter Parker, who makes her recording debut after having been the subject of several of Redemption's songs over the years.

The CD was mixed at Jailhouse Studios in Denmark by veteran producer Tommy Hansen (Helloween, Pagan's Mind, Pretty Maids, etc.) who also worked with Redemption on 2009's Snowfall on Judgment Day. The artwork - the band's most extensive to-date - was again created by long-time Redemption collaborator Travis Smith.

See below for the USA track-listing.

Redemption - The Art of Loss track listing
1. The Art of Loss
2. Slouching Towards Bethlehem
3. Damaged
4. Hope Dies Last
5. That Golden Light
6. Thirty Silver
7. The Center of the Fire
8. Love Reign o'er Me
9. At Day's End

Stay tuned for more details about The Art of Loss coming soon!

Redemption online:
http://redemptionweb.com
https://www.facebook.com/RedemptionBand
https://twitter.com/redemptionmetal

Yup.

That'll work.

That will work NICELY.

All the best to Bernie and family on his recovery, but this will be a very special album even without his chops.

Great news Nick. Cannot wait to hear it!!!!

Redemption is one of my coveted "blind buy until they die" bands.

This is doing absolutely nothing to threaten that honor.

If not for one other album I'm eagerly expecting in 2016, this would be an instant bet for AOTY. And it's still likely to be very high in the running.

REDEMPTION FEATURING FATES WARNING VOCALIST RAY ADLER - THE ART OF LOSS ALBUM ARTWORK REVEALED; “DAMAGED” LYRIC VIDEO FEATURING MARTY FRIEDMAN POSTED

"...On February 26th, Los Angeles prog-metal outfit Redemption - featuring Nick van Dyk, Ray Alder (Fates Warning, Engine), Sean Andrews, and Chris Quirarte (as well as guitarist Bernie Versailles, who is presently on an indefinite medical hiatus) - will release their sixth full-length, The Art Of Loss, via Metal Blade Records worldwide. The album is available for pre-order now in various formats here. Watch the lyric video for the first single "Damaged”, featuring guest guitarist Marty Friedman, below.

Containing over 70 minutes of their unique blend of passion, melody, aggression and complexity, The Art Of Loss was produced once again by Tommy Hansen (Helloween, Pagan's Mind, Pretty Maids, etc.), who worked with the band on 2009's Snowfall On Judgment Day. The cover artwork was also created by long-time Redemption collaborator Travis Smith (Opeth, Amorphis).

Musically, The Art of Loss follows its predecessor (2011's This Mortal Coil), but their newest work finds composition, musicianship and production taken up another notch, with an array of songs ranging from hard-hitting melodic metal to the 23-minute epic "At Day's End" - plus, special guest appearances from Chris Broderick, John Bush, Marty Friedman, Simone Mularoni and Chris Poland...."

redemptionalbumjan.jpg

The Art Of Loss tracklisting

“The Art Of Loss” (featuring Simone Mularoni and Chris Poland)
“Slouching Towards Bethlehem” (featuring Simone Mularoni and Chris Poland)
“Damaged” (featuring Marty Friedman)
“Hope Dies Last” (featuring Chris Poland)
“That Golden Light”
“Thirty Silver” (featuring Chris Poland, Marty Friedman, and Chris Broderick)
“The Center Of The Fire” (featuring Chris Poland)
“Love Reign o'er Me” (The Who cover; featuring John Bush and Chris Poland)
“At Day's End” (featuring Chris Poland and Simone Mularoni)

Not as dark a tone as I've come to expect from them. Great tune, though, and I'm stoked to get another Redemption album.

Wow.

Undoubtedly a top 10 album for me. Very likely a top 5. I can easily see this being number one if the rest of the album is of this quality and it holds up against the competition.

Even if I admit that Redemption are one of my "blind buy until they die" bands.

Mr. van Dyke sure is a BUSY man........ :p

Great tune!

Congratulations to Nick and the guys for this latest release, and to Nick individually for the OTHER latest gig.

When will you have time to TOUR?? :tickled:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mardoch
Thanks, Kez!

Yes, it's been a rather busy week for me. :) All good!

Re: the tour, hoping to play some dates this summer and then late fall. It's going to be a challenge to work it out but I'll do my best! :)

Reactions: Kez and Mardoch