A shameless plug

NobleSavage

Scarred, but smarter
May 24, 2001
lycanthrope.hypermart.net
SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT: This is a thread about the upcoming release of cd by a band of which I am a member. I consider it good music and of interest to people who enjoy 80s style metal like Savatage, Queensryche, Iced Earth, etc, so I felt if valid to post. You've been warned! lol

http://www.mp3.com/ReignmakeR

I've been trying to make this cyberband thing work for a few years now. I never could find a spot where I fit into the mix with the IMG due to you guys being so much better at the Maiden stuff on guitar than I ever could and the fact that my vocals could best be described as unique. lol But, I love the idea, so I have been chugging along doing my own thing as well as watching the great work done here and finally have something cool to show for my efforts. My initial forays into this was the Lycanthrope project, in which I had the pleasure of having 7thson and Jim work with me. Unfortunately, the time was not right for that; the songs were hit and miss and my recording skills still needed quite a bit of growth. But finally, I have something, which is the ReignmakeR cyberband.

You guys might not know it, but just lurking around here has been such a huge inspiration to me. I see you guys fighting to keep things moving and it motivated me to do the same and I really wanna thank you for that. Plus, hearing your results and the growth you guys had sonically really gave me a kick in the pants to try and improve what I was doing as well. The ReignmakeR songs came out really well, writing wise. Mixing wise, I'm still working on that, unfortunately. But, considering the lofi approach of St Anger, my stuff doesn't sound that bad. It could be a lot better, but that should come in time. And considering the improvement of this stuff over the Lycanthrope mixes I did, I'm very pleased.

Thanks so much.
Vernon Walker

What follows is the official, unoffical "press" release.

ReignmakeR consists of
Greg Rossettini - Vocals
Marc Mercier - Bass
Vernon Walker - Guitars

The music of ReignmakeR has been compared to bands as far reaching as Iron Maiden, Fates Warning, Tool and Judas Priest. Basically, it's riff based, 80's style melodic hardrock/metal.

The City of Shadows cd encompasses 10 songs which detail the story of one man who uncovers a conspiracy to overthrow the government's of the world, starting with Washington. It's a concept album in the vein of Operation: Mindcrime or Streets and details the main character's journey into the world of this conspiracy.

After finalizing some artwork details, the cd will be available in a few weeks. Knowing how some people feel about the quality of mp3s, anyone who purchases the cd can receive a cdr of the final mixes in uncompressed format for free. This is an initial step into a very great situation for musicians: the ability to play with like minded musicians all over the world and the ability to release your music to that same worldwide distribution without having to alter your music to suit some label person's opinion. Some artists have seen the mp3 format as the end of the recording industry, we see it as a brand new beginning. In the coming weeks, we will debut a website to go along with the cd release, and would be glad to forward promo copies of the cd to any web based music writers or critcs. For information on promo copies, email me at noble_savage_2000@yahoo.com with the url of your site and any other information you might like.
http://www.mp3.com/ReignmakeR

thanks alot. I think the biggest lesson I learned doing it was to just keep doing it. lol

I will track my drums with a separate track for each drum next time and won't record instruments with effects anymore... but other than that, it turned out better than i hoped.

and Paul, anytime you wanna sing, say the word!