A Short Description Of Mercury Rain

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I come to these boards often and I see lots of bands. And I've gotten into quite a few...at least the ones I can find at my local record store.

And if I find a band that looks interesting, I'll ask for some info.

I came around to this site and I was wondering what type of metal do these guys play? Death? Doom? Black? Classic? Thrash? Power? Prog?

Or are they and interesting combo?

Thanks!

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I came around to this site and I was wondering what type of metal do these guys play? Death? Doom? Black? Classic? Thrash? Power? Prog?

Or are they and interesting combo?

Thanks!

Hello Overlord. Not really sure what to write here, but we are progressive/power metal with gothic overtones. I think... UK based, female fronted. The new CD 'St Matthieu' is out in September. We've been described as everything from 'IN FLAMES meets NIGHTWISH' to 'they sound like that EVANESCENCE'... And 'LANA LANE' as well...

Take your pick dude !!

Hi Overlord.......our first full length CD "Dark Waters" is available on Ebay through Dark Cell Music.

All the Best
Dion - MR

I got on UM today and noticed this band name on the list of forums. I come here all the time and didn't remember seeing the name Mercury Rain and checked it out to see what they were all about. I did a search to find out more about this band and luckily came upon a sample of a song from some older album (or demo maybe?). The song definately was more different than the "melodic power metal" description I had come upon everywhere else. I can see the Nightwish sound in the atmosphere, the Lacuna Coil in the vocals, and the guitarwork in the particular sample I heard was sorta Lacuna Coil-like with the particular rythym uses but the sound was more power metalish rather than goth or nu metal like. The atmoshphere was like Nightwish but the sound they used gave it a more gothic feel. I have to hear more before I can really make a decision as to what I think they sound like though. Can't wait for the official site to go back up!

symphonyXjapan said:
Can't wait for the official site to go back up!

The site should be back up July/August and the new Disc is out around then. God knows what we sound like now. A bit of power metal, some gothic touches, some atmospheric stuff, some epic stuff... heavier in places, but deliberately tried to avoid the total 'goth' or 'operatic' vocals in place of more deliberate melodies and punchy singing.

There will be MP3 and Vid clips available soon.