A sign from the Providence!

anyone else think this thread has been blown out of proportion? :lol:

Im sick of americans feeling the world is against them (and im american) <------if this is you post here!

F_V (the inventor of the <----- if this is you post here threads :D )

yes, i think it's out of proportions. :)

@salmy: i agree that if wildfyr wanted to talk about something that happened elsewhere or on the part of other ppl, she should have said so from the start.
however, comments such as "you could perhaps think why americans are not liked much here" and "your stupid country" and "seems like the american way" are generalizations that suggest you really hate the population as a whole. now if you could just be harsh to wildfyr without setting the whole u.s. of a. on fire... ;)

rahvin.

1) Ormir: No offense to you though Fury, that comment was aimed at the IF board.

oh sure, no offense to Fury (a long-standing member of DT forums). no offense to those in the clique is more like it. had it been myself, or perhaps another person who hasn't posted here
very long, would the offense apply? i'm betting it would.

also, something i should have asked before, why direct a comment to the IF board from here?

2) rahvin: when and if dozens of threads about the american tour pop up, i'll cut down their number redirecting them all to some american tour thread or other.

oh my yes, by all means let the anal retentiveness continue. it's "tradition" here! don't worry though, rahvin, i know my opinion on the matter is not shared by the majority of the group, so i'll live with it.

and you're right, this has been building up for a while.

3) |ngenius: Italians, turkish, greek...and where are the catalans?!?!? We hate the americans as well as the others!!!

sorry my silicon frien...err..enemy. several other places were not represented in my example either, so please don't feel slighted. here ya go:

"I'm Catalan, and I HATE Americans" <--- If this is you post here

Btw: I wonder how a mexican can hate himself. They're americans, after all

ehm, perhaps you should run a diagnostic check on your optics system. your scanner seems to have overlooked the second to last entry in my original post response. :cry: that's ok though, it happens to me too from time to time.

4) Ormir: I think I brought out a valid point

yes, Your Anal-ness. a valid point for this group indeed. :heh: now, how about admitting that you also saw another opportunity to fling shit at us again. hmm?

oh and by the way, you don't see shit-flinging from us when any (or too many) European or Japanese show review threads when they happen, do you? let's be honest here, you guys hate, err...don't like us much simply because of where we live. if your answer to that is no, then let me just convey that that's the impression i get when i come here. it seems it doesn't matter who we are as individuals, or that some of us may disagree with some of our own government's policies, we're all just "fuckin' americans" to you.

I don't think it's good protocol for 12 post users to start copnstantly new tour threads, especially when these tend to include no relevent information whatsoever.

what is and is not relevant is subjective. just because it's not relevent to YOU, doesn't make it irrelevant.

I did some calculating. On the first two pages of the IF forum, there are 15 threads explicitly about individual gigs (out of 60, that's 25%). The average reply amount was 5.93,

Six threads had no replys at all. This isn't even the most active time, in one period there were many more fo these threads. Are you claiming this is not disruptive at all? Am I an anti-american "cock" for pointing this out.

:rolleyes: yes, Your Anti-American "Cock" Anal-ness. And no, i don't find numerous threads "disruptive". in fact i prefer them to scrolling through large threads to find my relevant portion. i'd rather surf a few index pages for familiar subject titles and thread authors. personally i think thread consolidation sucks, and it sucks seeing the same old thread topics day in and day out until one of you compartmentalizing squirrels come up with new subjects.

Every goddamn hour there's a new thread started by some jackass, who thinks we all care about him seeing the band.

looks like whining to me. also, your calculations from above are all regarding review posts of American In Flames gigs. sorry, but i'm not blind to your conscious or unconscious implications there.

5) rahvin: @Ormir: i think you've made all valid points. maybe your tone suggested

to some that you were being a bit unpleasant towards fury or any other american who cared to tell the world he/she was happy because he/she had seen the band, and this although you said you weren't flaming him. i'm sure your explanations dissolved any doubt now.

:lol: you are such a wuss. ;-)

6) Villain: I'd say Samarkol, Wildfyr and Iron-Flames should take a deep look into a mirror, before taking offense from such fully relevant and non-insulting topics raised.

ah yes, the relevance issue. i see that the opposing side of this argument wants to divert attention to the relevance issue. probably to shift attention away from the "non-insulting" issue? my gut feeling says yes. i'm sorry you dislike us so much, Villain, but it's very difficult (for me anyway) not to take issue personally. a lot of things here i read here i find insulting, whether they're written or oh so cleverly implied. i regret upsetting your
Ivory Tower palace. i could have exploded a lot sooner than this and i've tried to inject some humor or laugh things off instead of countering your insults with flames. i've bitten down hard on the bullet a number of times trying not to go ballistic your asses. :p but ya know, that count to ten and take a deep breath method, well, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

anyway, it doesn't matter to me if i'm personally despised here now for tossing this shit back at you guys. generally i like participating here at this forum even though i find it to house
the greatest collective anal rententiveness ever! :lol: i really like reading your posts...when you're not bashing us of course. c'mon! you're Dr. Tranquillity, a bastion of DT knowledge! for the most part i like reading Ormir's and phyre's posts too--again when they're not flaming us. but you guys keep doing it! you're like fucking Harpies AND I GET PISSED!...GODDAMIT!! <--- (in Carlin mode :D ). c'mon man, the common element among us is DARK TRANQUILLITY, not some greedy jackass politicians, corporate execs, or religious leaders. and even if they (DT, IF, and Sentenced) hate us too, well, then so be it i guess. let
them come and take our money if that's all they care about. they'd just better give us one hell of an awesome performance in return. :headbang:

my life philosophy as of now is this: as long as i have a job that supports me, ie, i have a shelter, food to eat, a few habitual indulgence-type things like music, etc, ;-) i'm happy. i don't think i really need to climb the ladder of success anymore. i'm not that ambitious i guess. i'm happy just living my life day to day, going off to work M-F so i can spend my weekends and off hours watching mi amigos sing and play guitar (and drums!) until i shuffle off this mortal coil.

oh and Villain, in the "album sales" post you wrote:

So, summing it all up, I'd say Dark Tranquillity has sold more or less about 150,000 albums

altogether - which is an impressive number, but far less than they'd deserve."

what do they deserve?

alright, that's about it from me. you dudes keep on going to uni so you can get better jobs, so you can make more money, so you can invest it in the stock markets, so that you can eventually become full-fledged members of the rat race. see you all after graduation! :wave:

:D

sal: i'm self-centered? looks who's talking, you and the folks who can't stand to see their precious posts *gasp* roll over to page 2! fuck you, asshole. keep climbing you may get there.

/flame-rant session

@wildfyr: the anal retentiveness. let me show you the situation with and without the rules you call so strict:

- with: on the first page there are threads about all topics discussed, except for chit-chat, but that's not a topic. they are all there, easy to find and reach both for regulars who only check the ones marked "new" and for passers-by that don't have the time or the will to sort through pages of threads to find the information they're looking for. thanks to some merging (actually, i did the first today in better than 20 days) the european dates informations and the poll putting damage done against r2r are still there in front of your very eyes even if you're 5-y-o and with a crappy connection. in my view this means this official board is providing a way better service to all visitors.

- without: almost exactly the same thing. only, among the dozens of threads about the american tour we'd also have ppl asking about the european dates (with new threads) and posting again the poll i mentioned before. why? because they didn't bother to look on the second page. despicable? yes. and we certainly would want to tell them so. therefore all these repetitive threads would also be full of flaming replies, rolleyes and ppl complaining about how we're always debating the same thing. ok, maybe you would like it more. but is this as good a service to the public as the other?

i'm not doing much, i don't work 9 to 5 to contain the shining exhuberance of hundreds of ppl repeating themselves every five seconds. i just occasionally put repetitions together. your idea that this leads to having to sort through overlong threads just to find something relevant is not connected to what i do: it's mostly its own doing.

rahvin.

i said i could live with, rahve. :)

however, if you wish to continue...
imo, it's also not very pleasant to be so militantly reprimanded and reminded to adhere so closely to the rules by you and the core members of the group. but i do have another possible solution to the problem though. how about this idea? we have ONE thread? :lol: yeah, one thread that everyone can post in and when someone wants to turn the subject matter into another direction we add another rule forcing the party turning the thread around to post a new "post" subject title...and in all caps?! sound like a plan? :p

by the way, i apologize for the compartmentalizing squirrels comment, and also to sal for being truly harsh. i expect you'll want to give me the third degree and that's alright. go ahead and give me your worst. i'll put on my hardhat.

edit: :erk:

I can't possibly be bothered with all the ridiculous arguments you put forth. To be honest, I think this argument is completely silly, and I thought it was over, but I will adress some of the most blatant stupiditys:

oh sure, no offense to Fury (a long-standing member of DT forums). no offense to those in the clique is more like it. had it been myself, or perhaps another person who hasn't posted here
very long, would the offense apply? i'm betting it would.

also, something i should have asked before, why direct a comment to the IF board from here?
So you think it's right to flame someone for anti-americanism over something they didn't do, but something they might have done in a hypothetical situation in your mind? I have no idea who Fury is. I would have given the same line to anyone I feel neutral towards. I wasn't so much directing the comment at IF board, but rather directing your attention to it, to prove my point.

looks like whining to me. also, your calculations from above are all regarding review posts of American In Flames gigs. sorry, but i'm not blind to your conscious or unconscious implications there.
I think the concious implication is that IF is touring America. All of the tour threads are over American gigs. You know why? Because they're touring America. I think the unconcious implication here is that they are touring America.

Originally posted by rahvin
yes, i think it's out of proportions. :)

@salmy: i agree that if wildfyr wanted to talk about something that happened elsewhere or on the part of other ppl, she should have said so from the start.
however, comments such as "you could perhaps think why americans are not liked much here" and "your stupid country" and "seems like the american way" are generalizations that suggest you really hate the population as a whole. now if you could just be harsh to wildfyr without setting the whole u.s. of a. on fire... ;)

rahvin.

Sorry about that, but I treat them the same as they treat me, do onto others and all that.

And don't worry about how I feel about americans, I think most here know how I feel about them.

Let see, americans can say they wanna bomb countries to the ground cos they feel the country is posing a thread, yet I can't generalize when it comes to americans. well, fuuuuuck that!

I would have many things to say about what I wish would happen to america, but quite frankly I have better things to do and I don't feel like flaming this thread more.

@rahvin
just a thought, could you see how many threads have turned to flames after the americans have posted their oppinions on them.

@wildfyr
I could care less where my posts are, I don't even have any here, I think I haven't started one in ages. As for what comes of the picture page thread, I don't care where that is either, thats why there is a link to it on the first page.
The reason why we don't want 100000 post about the gigs and insignificant shit is because we don't want this to turn to Opeth off-topic or In Flames II. You may like them, fine, you stay there, don't come here to complain how we do things. When in Rome, do.... and so on, ever heard of it?
If you don't like the rules, get the fuck out.

Wildfyr: I understand you are upset and all that, but it really was YOU, who brought the whole nationalism-issue into this thread. After all, Ormir is definitely far less anti-american than I am and actually has often argued against me in this matter. Your assumption that he has really a lot of hate towards Americans is simply a misinterpretation.

I am sorry if my previous attacks against Americans in general have clouded your vision, but you really should not be demonizing the whole forum because of me (I think the only other person here sharing my views is Salamurhaaja). And as I have stated previously, my hate of Americans is my flaw and I admit that I shouldn't accuse all of you so much. It is just that I hate you (as a group of people, not as individuals) about as much as many of us hate the nazis or how many Americans hate the communists (and I hate both of those groups as well).

Anyway, I somewhat agree with your "clique"-comments and feel a bit disturbed about the fact you pointed out. However, I can't see a way to solve that problem (probably as I'm part of it) - but apparently you can't either.

And again, I really suggest you to take a look into the mirror next time before drawing conclusions about posts that really don't imply the things you seek there. If DT did a tour in Japan and some Japanese guys started making new threads time and again about the tour, they would definitely be told to stop. Ormir's post was most relevant and it was you who brought the whole "against Americans" issue into this thread. Had your comment been on that thread where I attacked you (again, as a group, not as individuals), it would have been very relevant (and even funny). However, here it had no purpose and your futile attempts to make Ormir look like an anti-american devil are rather childish and ridiculous.

-Villain

depressing how people are so easily offended and so bad at commiting mistakes. either one of you could have defused this whole thing with a little bit of insight. each of you has his valid points. but none of you acknowledge the ones of the others. tell you what: i'm getting sick of all this. we've had many a thread like that in the past, say, two months. and now don't call me whiny or tell me stupid suggestions like "well then don't read the thread". i guess if you had to look each other in the eyes in such an argument, you would either say nothing or simply laugh about the stupidity of the whole topic.
and now don't get pissed. don't take it personal. and don't call me words.

edit: i wrote this thing while villain was writing his, and his comment already de-stresses the thing to a certain degree. so my post is quite useless.

what?! donut is f****ing american poice officers food! you finnish olluta-obsessed sauna!

;) ( <-- just to make clear)

Originally posted by Villain
It is just that I hate you (as a group of people, not as individuals) about as much as many of us hate the nazis or how many Americans hate the communists (and I hate both of those groups as well).

there's a difference though: both nazis and communists are defined because of what they think, while americans are defined because of what they are. in my view, this spells the difference between having a vibrant, thought out opinion about how wrong some ideas might be, and having a prejudice.

rahvin.

nazis and communists are also, for the most part, already dead, so in general they make good enemies: they can't defend themselves.

hyena (uppercut)

Originally posted by Salamurhaaja
Making enemies is good ;)

It sure is... although I've never made any enemies. People just find me annoying. I need to progress and improve myself. :D

Originally posted by rahvin
there's a difference though: both nazis and communists are defined because of what they think, while americans are defined because of what they are. in my view, this spells the difference between having a vibrant, thought out opinion about how wrong some ideas might be, and having a prejudice.

Wrong. My hate towards all these groups mentioned is based on what they do / have done - I am not one to define anyone solely by his/her thinking or being.

Also, whereas your point about the nazis has some validity, I really can't see any difference in the existence of a "communist"-ideology or "american"-ideology. Perhaps the fact that I use a term that is already used to define a group of people living in a certain geographical area as a term to define a group of people with an evil anti-human ideology, that blurs my point from your view - but I'm pretty sure I have made it clear that I precisely mean the group of people that "has supported the American government during the past 50 years in one way or another" when I talk about "Americans". Can you suggest a better term for that?

-Villain

Originally posted by Villain
but I'm pretty sure I have made it clear that I precisely mean the group of people that "has supported the American government during the past 50 years in one way or another" when I talk about "Americans". Can you suggest a better term for that?

well, after some conscious effort i guess it could be possible to find one, but there's something more substantial about my point, if i may say so myself. and specifically: one tends to wait until ppl do or say something that belongs to nazism, fascism or communism before even thinking they have ideas of the sort. whereas it looks like you could start hating someone right after he/she shows you his/her id proving he/she is a citizen of the united states. but there's a great big leap between living there and supporting the government (something i personally wouldn't find criminal in the least, but we already debated this point), unless you mean all tax-payers deserve your hate, which is very akin to say that you hate all americans because they're born there.

rahvin.