A sign from the Providence!

now that you mention it, i think i've gotten more responses here as the raging flamethrower than Pollyanna. :err:

Ormir: i won't recap the two issues i have this forum. with emotions in check my first posts in this thread would have never materialized. you just happened to be the one who managed to pack two punches in one blow to my sensitivies in that one tiny little paragraph of yours. i've tried hard not to fly off the handle too much. i guess repressing the negative feelings is counter-productive if it all builds up like steam in a teapot.

> I have no idea who Fury is. I would have given the same line to anyone I feel neutral towards. I wasn't so much directing the comment at IF board, but rather directing your attention to it, to prove my point.

ok, this is apparently a misunderstanding then.

I think the concious implication is that IF is touring America. All of the tour threads are over American gigs. You know why? Because they're touring America. I think the unconcious implication here is that they are touring America.

i know. isn't it f'kin great! i've been reading some of recent show reviews. the buzz is getting LOUDER. :Smokin:

Salamurhaaja: :confused: i'm not sure what you're getting. i didn't mention anything at all about your pics page in this thread. our differences aside though, i think it's a very nice site.

When in Rome, do.... and so on, ever heard of it?

yes

If you don't like the rules, get the fuck out.

haha! touché. i shall take my ass back to the gay In Flames board then! :^)

Doctor Tranquillity: my vision has not been clouded, but this an astonishing revelation... i'm perceived as "demonizing" this forum because i take issue on two matters and express my displeasure about them? whoa! that's pretty heavy. i did not know i had the power to demonize. :shedevil:

good idea about the mirror. i suggest everyone here do likewise. plus, i don't need to go seeking when this is the place to find with very little effort.

i went off on Ormir not to make him look as you say. he just happened to be the one with the post that packed the two-fisted punch right in my face. i responded bitterly in return, with sarcasm, which you all could have let go, but no, your hatred for me/us triggered that negative emotion button just like Ormir's post here had done for me. again, i'm sorry i caused such an uproar here but that's all i'm going to further apologize for.

oh boy, posting here is going to be just sooo much more fun knowing how we all truly feel. peachy. i still don't care that if i'm public enemy #1. i'll just hate you better. :p

Originally posted by wildfyr

sal: i'm self-centered? looks who's talking, you and the folks who can't stand to see their precious posts *gasp* roll over to page 2! fuck you, asshole. keep climbing you may get there.

This is what I was talking about.

You were refering to 'you folks', which of course includes me, not standing if our posts go to page 2, I was just pointing out that 1. I don't think I have ever even started a thread here. 2. I could care less where they end up, even if I had (I really don't remember, I know I haven't started too many anywhere on UM) 3. I don't care where the pics thread is (I guess you could say that is mine) cos there is a link to it on the first thread.

> I don't think I have ever even started a thread here

why not?

anyway, that's why i said posts, not threads, and i meant the posts in threads on the first page.

> I don't think I have ever even started a thread here

why not?

anyway, that's why i said posts, not threads, and i meant the posts in threads on the first page.

I don't know if this cos of the flu or what, but you just totally lost me?

Quite frankly I couldn't care less where some threads end up, like that fucking stupid bububu crap, I wish that was nowhere to be found to be honest.

oh boy, posting here is going to be just sooo much more fun knowing how we all truly feel. peachy. i still don't care that if i'm public enemy #1. i'll just hate you better. :p

don't you find it a bit contradictory that this statement comes in the same post where you wonder why someone feels you're demonizing this place?
i'd also like to point out that it takes no particular skills to "demonize", since what was implied is not that you haunt this board with demons, but that you label the forum as haunted with them (something a lot of metallers would find quite pleasant, btw ;) ).
and i must say that if ormir's first statement was just something you perceived as a spark and nothing more, then you are generalizing way too much. next time i post someone on the bubububu thread mentioned before, i should probably watch out for catalans' over-reaction. :D

all that "public enemy #1" stuff sounds like something that pleases you no end, so i won't shatter the illusion.

rahvin.

don't you find it a bit contradictory that this statement comes in the same post where you wonder why someone feels you're demonizing this place?

indeed. i was trying to fit in though. :\

so i am demonizing this place then? :Shedevil: ^( . )Y( . )^ :Shedevil:

i'd also like to point out that it takes no particular skills to "demonize", since what was implied is not that you haunt this board with demons, but that you label the forum as haunted with them (something a lot of metallers would find quite pleasant, btw ).

damn. you mean i'm not the demonizer? waaaaaaaah

and i must say that if ormir's first statement was just something you perceived as a spark and nothing more, then you are generalizing way too much.

a spark? more like stoking still smoldering embers. generalizing: thanks. i've learned from the best. ;-)

next time i post someone on the bubububu thread mentioned before, i should probably watch out for catalans' over-reaction.

great. i'm on the robots shitlist too? i'm crushed. *cries*

all that "public enemy #1" stuff sounds like something that pleases you no end, so i won't shatter the illusion.

thanks! i'll pass over the rose-colored glasses in return for your kindness. :)

Doctor Tranquillity: my vision has not been clouded, but this an astonishing revelation... i'm perceived as "demonizing" this forum because i take issue on two matters and express my displeasure about them? whoa! that's pretty heavy. i did not know i had the power to demonize. :shedevil:

good idea about the mirror. i suggest everyone here do likewise. plus, i don't need to go seeking when this is the place to find with very little effort.

i went off on Ormir not to make him look as you say. he just happened to be the one with the post that packed the two-fisted punch right in my face. i responded bitterly in return, with sarcasm, which you all could have let go, but no, your hatred for me/us triggered that negative emotion button just like Ormir's post here had done for me. again, i'm sorry i caused such an uproar here but that's all i'm going to further apologize for.

Let me explain plain and clear, what I mean with "demonizing": You take a comment from one person here and another from someone else there, and draw a conclusion that ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE hate you Americans - or yourself personally.

Now, of the approximately 30 regular users here on this forum, about 3 or 4 have something against the USA or Americans in general - that's a mere 10%. You see demons where there are none (or very few of them). I understand that you have a problem with my attitude towards Americans, but I really don't get it, why you try to make the whole board look like they shared my opinions? You can express your displeasure about things without attacking everyone here, I know that - but why didn't you do so at first? Might it be that your vision was really clouded, after all..?

Regarding your comment about "us" jumping to defend Ormir from your accusations because we hate Americans (or you personally) - this is really just a part of your paranoia. Ormir had a most valid point (can you admit that?) and I for one was defending that point of his! Again, you (alongside with Iron- Flames) were the one to bring the whole "anti-American" -issue into this topic. I'd call Rahvin a very pro-American (by my standards) and he was defending Ormir's point just as much as I or someone else. Might your apparent anger and victimisation of yourself be due to the fact that you can't admit that you were wrong in the very beginning of this argument?

-Villain

i never said ALL THE PEOPLE HERE hate us. geez! a'right, responses to your questions and then hopefully this thread concludes on a low note. something dirge-like would probably be appropriate.

> why you try to make the whole board look like they shared my opinions?

i didn't. and again, my vision is NOT clouded. the only thing i suggested about the majority of this community is that there appears to be an obsessive need to compartmentalize things, ie, the board's preference for consolidating threads (thus the anal retentive comment, and compartmentalizing squirrels comment, which i already apologized for). wherever i said "anti-americans" or "you anti-americans", or something similar, this is what i meant: 'you', the ones who claim to be such. 'YOU' collectively. the ones who took offense to my first post in this thread.

> You can express your displeasure about things without attacking everyone here, I know that - but why didn't you do so at first?

:guh: once again, i did not attack everyone here regarding the nationality issue. and why not AT FIRST you ask? hard to say really. when it happened i just wanted to let out this really disgusted feeling i had about what was just read. i thought my first response might raise some brows but i didn't think it would blow out proportion. actually i don't think my first post was all that inflammatory.

> Ormir had a most valid point (can you admit that?)

Ormir's point may have been valid, but only for those who share preference for thread consolidation.

> I'd call Rahvin a very pro-American (by my standards) and he was defending Ormir's point just as much as I or someone else.

so? that doesn't mean i always agree with rahvin. :lol: by the way, rahvin only defended one of the two issues.

> Might your apparent anger and victimisation of yourself be

uhm, no. no self-victimation here. won't deny the anger though.

> due to the fact that you can't admit that you were wrong in the very beginning of this argument?

the only thing i'll admit to being wrong about at the beginning was telling Sal that i didn't have cause to complain in this thread. i did, and i eventually explained why in my last post to Ormir. if you'll recall, my second post in this thread was a hasty one. i edited several times before hitting the post button. shit happened. important verbiage is sometimes unintentionally omitted. maybe i shouldn't post sensitive replies from work. :s

whatever though. hopefully we all know where we stand now because i'm tired of the volley. you can have the last word if you want. i'm done. the weekend's here finally and i'm celebrating
with Beck's Bier... at home even! perhaps i may feel like sharing some jackass comments about my first ever DT experience later next week. we'll see. i'll make sure to post them in the appropriate thread if i do, so i don't ruffle any more feathers.

So all in all, you just tried to bring up the valid issue about thread consolidation - and somehow brought the nationalism-issue along, without any real reasons (in this thread). You realize how these two (very different) issues got somehow mixed and thus the confusion here, right?

The point where I took offense was your third post, where you attacked Ormir - but instead of concentrating in the thread consolidation, you repeatedly accused him of having something against the Americans. As I was the one to bring the whole "anti-American" topic to this forum, I felt it was most unfair for you to attack the innocent Ormir without any real reasons - and this is what I meant with you being wrong in the very beginning.

Whether or not your vision was clouded, you really managed to see Ormir as someone who hates you, while I still can't see anything implying that in this thread (but as you said, you were reading that someplace elsewhere).

And with self-victimisation I meant your "public enemy number 1" -comments; I apparently missed your sarcasm there.

So, apart from the fact that you don't like the idea of thread consolidation (unlike the majority here) and us few anti-Americans, you have nothing against this forum, am I right?

I think we are quite finished with this.

Hope to hear your tour-report.

-Villain

nationalism is not as bad as you make it. there is some ignorance in affiliating pride in one's nation with racism or aggression. i think each one of us has the rights to be happy about some of the distinctive traits of the place they live: of course the first thing that comes to my mind about Italy is art, wine, and relaxed behavior, all of which come in very high quality here and I am not embarassed to say I like them a lot. Other things are better elsewhere, like punk rock, beer or public transportation. I don't see how my special liking of some Italian wines and the fact that I will endlessly boast about them to people from other countries, occasionally dropping a joke about superiority of my countryfolk in enjoying life, makes me a dangerous racist or something akin to that.
I think that pride in one's community and its history and customs is healthy, whereas the convinction of overall superiority is just illogical. I also think that if one goes into public service, which I did, it is necessary to know that you have to defend your nation's interests over other. And I still think this is okay, especially because often being un-nationalistic equals being passive recipients of other cultures' pretenses of special consideration and rights. We have to get rid of this "sticking to your own is uncool" cliché. Racism is a degeneration, not the norm.

hyena

Originally posted by hyena
of course the first thing that comes to my mind about Italy is art, wine, and relaxed behavior

Really?
For me it's 'How you doing?

(I admit, too much Friends lately :lol: )

Hyena: I recommend you to read some books about nationalism by Eric Hobsbam (sp?) and you might understand why I consider nationalism as a cancer of mankind, a disease to get rid off or to go down with it - much as I consider religion to be a cancer as well. I'd like to discuss both of these topics with you sometime (I really can discuss them, unlike the America-topic), but I don't have the time at hand right now.

-Villain

Four threads about american tour have been fused into the tour reviews thread in last week already... I think my prediction was fairly accurate.