A Simple Mistake - Anathema's second new release

i too didnt like anathemas new style much, i always preferred antimatter... i liked the doomy anathema... but this last two internet-released songs are beyond cool... looking forward to seeing them live in november...

This is a lot better than everything, i'm still not happy with the direction they decided to take (moody post-rock) it just gets a little boring and don't find it as emotional as their heavy floydish stuff. Still not a bad song.

Listened to it again and I have to say.. This song is truelly boring...
The same over and over again without bringing anything that really "breaks the song" and without getting somewhere ... The vocal lines are too repetitive. No real climax (except maybe a little at the instrumental part ) but I'm already too bored by then to still be in the feeling of the song...
I think it's easy to like the song because they arent doing anything really wrong but neither are they doing something really good...

Im pretty dissapointed actually ...

Juniper said:
The same over and over again without bringing anything that really "breaks the song" and without getting somewhere ... The vocal lines are too repetitive. No real climax (except maybe a little at the instrumental part ) but I'm already too bored by then to still be in the feeling of the song...
I think it's easy to like the song because they arent doing anything really wrong but neither are they doing something really good...

Is a deal of taste Juniper.
Song real knock out me, i remembered past days of gorgeous groups in dark/alternative and not only genre like: Radiohead, Placebo, Katatonia and Opeth somehow.:cry:

Juniper said:

wow.

Hey guys,

Massive Opeth, Buckley, Katatonia fan and I only own 1 Anathema album (The one with pressure, release and inside/outside on).

I have seen Anathema live once a few years ago and they were good but never bothered looking in to them further.

Which of their albums are the most dark, slow and kinda atmospheric/haunting?

Cliche

Welllll...

Alternative 4 is the darkest one
Eternity is the most melancholic album of ALL times, and it IS very haunting for me
Pentecost is downright masterful atmospheric doom
And so is Silent Enigma ;)

These are the most important albums in my very humble opinion

very good climax to the song. on my first listen i wasn't getting into it until it got the great build-up beginning at 4:18. i like this song much better than "everything". my hopes are going up for the band again.

''Everything'' may be sound cheesy, but I really like it especially when I'm tired and stressed, it's relaxing.

I'm on fire!!! Can't wait to hear the new song, i'm downloading it right now. I haven't tried to get into anathema yet, maybe someday...

I liked this one better than "Everything". I don't know why, but this has more of the sound I like. "Everything" ain't cheesy (IMO) but still, this one beats it 1-0.