A Sound of Thunder made it to CNN

ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

so I could just tell you that someone was a jerk and you would believe me huh? You don't need any proof? Wow....that is pretty sad.

I'm not even going to dignify your ridiculous questions with a response. I'll just ask you to re-read Mardoch's reply. :rolleyes:

So many posts! I'm not gonna read em all. Just gonna point out that NOBODY joins a traditional metal band to get famous. There's no reason to choose one of the least hip, least commercially viable genres on the planet other than love of the music.

Us fake people booking shows and making albums sure have a tough time. I mean damn, really? I'm putting a lot of effort into something that I apparently don't really care about!

I came back and saw this got all the way up to 5 pages. What the hell? It seemed cut and dry. Someone told a story. Details were left out. Someone was mad when commenters got mad because of the way the story was presented. I read the article, and her band gets like one sentence out of all the whole thing, so it's not like she's trying to sell anything.

We have a theremin, but other then that weare pretty traditional. Our recordings are modern sounding but the song writing has more in common with 70's and 80's metal. Depends on the song, of course, but we dip our fingers into many styles.

Don't feed the trolls, Nina.

For anyone who thinks Nina is fake: I consider myself an old metal soldier, and Nina's enthusiasm for good metal surpasses my own. She is buying albums, going to shows, and generally getting psyched about bands, songs and shows on a level above and beyond. She has also put more time, effort, and love into her studio efforts in the past five years than you are likely to believe. 5 albums in 4 years doesn't just happen casually. And again, nobody does this kund of music for fame and attention. We have never altered one note of one song with popularity in mind. We are making the music for us. And yeah, after we make it we want other people to hear it, so we're gonna tell people about us at every chance we get.

But I suspect nothing I write will change anyone's mind. All I can say is thank you to those who have supported us: we are truly thankful for your role (and it's a big one) in allowing us to fulfill our dreams and goals. For those who don't support us, God bless you too, but maybe take all this energy and put it into posting about what you DO like instead of tearing down what you don't.

A Sound of Clear Skies will be out shortly after Adam's Banana. Can we announce our REO Speedwagon collaboration yet?

Watching this is great.
One question; is there a racial stereotype hidden in this? "If I wanted to "get ahead" I would have gone into R&B and used my giant ass for evil instead of good.".
It really seems that there is an assumed racial stereotype i there..