A stupid request/thing that I hope gets looked at (jazzy harvest related)

Rogue Eagle

Oct 6, 2007
New Zealand
Hey,

So I've been browsing through youtube obsessively for opeth melloboat clips, and hearing the jazzy version of harvest, I have to say, fucking awesome.
I love the old harvest, but I love new takes on classic songs.

Is this version of harvest ever going to make it to an album as a bonus track, single or to a live DVD or something?
It'd be a damn shame if it didn't, it's very cool. And the clips on youtube are only about a minute and a half and 40 odd seconds.

I would *buy* 10 of this, just to get this special harvest. (and then give 8 copies away to other people)

Thanks whoever for reading :headbang:

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6983226111467677647&q=opeth&total=3490&start=30&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=2[/ame]

oh but how awesome it would be to get a studio recording.
Still, thanks for the video, it will tide me over until we can get some kind of confirmation/denial as to harvest jazz being put on something.

The whole improvisation expansion to Closure has never and will probably never be released as well, except for the Lamentations DVD (although that was not the best version they ever did). So unless the Melloboat gig will be on the DVD of the event, I wouldn't get my hopes up ...

I personally prefer some songs have a "live only" version and they not be released at all - that makes seeing them live all the more special, watching new takes on familiar songs.

OMG the morons singing along totally ruined the song......if u cant sing...STFU.....uggghhh.....sounded liek it was gonna be nice...but te crappy out of tune singalong destroyed the song.....and yeah I wouldnt mind hearing a actual version of this song too...........PEAC EOUT

I personally prefer some songs have a "live only" version and they not be released at all - that makes seeing them live all the more special, watching new takes on familiar songs.

But so many people would miss out on the magic this way!
I can see where you're coming from, and in a lot of cases I would agree with you, however this harvest is different enough for me to take notice.

Take the live tool song 'pushit' (on salival), that was a new take on an old song yet I wouldn't really care for a studio version of the song.

Jazzy Harvest is something I want to be able to play in the car while cruising down a road after dark :-D
Just hearing the small parts of it reignited my love of harvest.

haha. sorry gotta say this...

how is that a "jazz" version of the song?

its just slower and more effect laden...

sounds amazing though nevertheless... especially with those amazing back vocals haha :zombie:

OMG the morons singing along totally ruined the song......if u cant sing...STFU.....uggghhh.....sounded liek it was gonna be nice...but te crappy out of tune singalong destroyed the song.....and yeah I wouldnt mind hearing a actual version of this song too...........PEAC EOUT

Yes, otherwise you ruin all the bootleg videos. Come on. :erk:
It isn't that audible when you're standing in the audience...

im guessing this probably wont be released on anything. a one time thing for the special melloboat.

Stefan told me that there might a SLIIIIIGHT chance of this being included on the Melloboat 2008 DVD, but that all depends on the goodwill of the record labels and timing. Since this is a rather special version it might not be in conflict with what Opeth is doing on the upcoming tours, so maybe, maybe, maybe. We'll see. Forget about the rest of the performance though. And, the sound was recorded both through the mixer and with microphones in the front, the singing wouldn' be in that mix, or at least toned down to virtually nothing.