Opethian Song Survivor: round 3!

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
I was going to announce the results in sportscaster mode, but I got booted offline in the middle of writing it...I'll do an abbreviated version.

1: April Ethereal avenges the early elimination of all its MAYH companions with a well-earned 19-16 win over White Cluster.
2: The most epic matchup yet! Under The Weeping Moon looked like an early winner, but The Leper Affinity soon responded with an incredible comeback, only to be denied by the last two votes in a 18-17 thriller! Under The Weeping Moon is this tournament's Cinderella story with two back to back upsets!
3: Black Rose Immortal, the legendary twenty-minute wonder, shows the Apostle it can't always triumph in a 28-7 massacre.
4: Advent spoils Harvest 27-8
5: Serenity Painted Death had it easy in the first round, while The Forest Of October beat its competition Melinda by one vote. Against each other, SPD has reason to have a white face haggard grin as it wins 23-12.
6: The Battle For Blackwater Park lives up to its billing! While the Drapery Falls had the lead most of the time, things never looked Bleak for its rival as it was persistent throughout. However, Drapery held on to win 20-15.
7: Another close matchup, but The Moor survived several rallies from its competitor, and ultimately we must bid farewell to To Bid You Farewell, as The Moor won 19-16.
8: Two of the realtively unsung heroes from Orchid and Morningrise square off, with The Night And The Silent Water drowning The Twilight Is My Robe 24-11.

Round 3: quaterfinals, the eight you love to hate (to vote against, that is...)

1: April Ethereal vs. The Night And The Silent Water
2: Under The Weeping Moon vs. The Moor
3: Black Rose Immortal vs. The Drapery Falls
4: Advent vs. Serenity Painted Death

Wooooow. I'm kinda surprised "The Twilight is my Robe" lost, actually, it seemed to be the Orchid favourite, and I'm rather shocked that "To Bid You Farewell" is actually out of the running. Oh well...

1: April Ethereal (Clinging onto the final spark of life for MAYH)
2: The Moor (Cinderella's downfall)
3: Black Rose Immortal (Unstoppable Epic Brilliance)
4: Advent (and Melinda's death goes unavenged)

Urge to add commentary was too great...

1: April Ethereal---In my mind the best Opeth song, of course it was also the first Opeth song I fell in love with.

2: The Moor--Hardest one to pick...almost a toss up

3: Black Rose Immortal

4: Advent --this one was easy for me. SPD has the best vocals (growl) of any Opeth song, but Advent is just so amazing.

1: April Ethereal *
2: The Moor *
3: Black Rose Immortal *
4: Serenity Painted Death *

*Impossible decision

I hate you.

1. The Night and Silent Water (No contest for me. If it were me choosing the top eight, they would all be from either morningrise or Orchid.)
2. Under the Weeping Moon (That chaotic interlude....it seems so simple, yet I have never been able to create anything to match the agony of it. The Moor just doesn't stand up)
3. Black Rose Immortal (I won't be surprised if this one ends up as #1 of the entire match)
4. Advent(what is there to say?)

1: April Ethereal (purely because I listen to it more)
2: The Moor
4: Serenity Painted Death (the same reason as the other)

1: The Night And The Silent Water
2: The Moor
4: Advent

I like this "game"
thumbsup.gif

Woow, interesting results so far!

1. The Night And The Silent Water - My old favourite from Morningrise. Amazing drumming, hypnotic guitar

2: The Moor - I know this song better, it's a killer intro.

3: Black Rose Immortal - While TDF is my fave on BWP, BRI still KA. (kicks ass)

4: Advent - I don't especially LOVE advent, but SPD is overrated, IMO. *duck*

NP: Under the Weeping Moon

1. April Ethereal
2. The moor
3. Black Rose Immotral
4. Serenity painted death