A taste of Primordial live

I think the vocals are just so fucking amazing that it would seal it...I could see being turned off as it is a little slower though

Keep your eyes open for this performance ... it was recorded for a possible DVD. I thought it looked pro shot w/multiple cameras and such. While doing a little searching I came across this bit of news.

<<<

According to Irish metal news outlet The Pulse, local metal giants Primordial will film their show in Dublin's Button Factory (formerly Temple Bar Music Centre) tomorrow (January 19) for a possible live DVD release. http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=5333

Did anyone notice that Nemtheanga messed up some lyrics? He botched the lyrics right before the second chorus ....

Whose silent words
Rise up in betrayal
We will rise up in betrayal

..... it will be interesting to see if they insert something there during the editing, or if they maybe did a second version of the song.

Britt

I'd definitely buy that DVD if it comes together.

Actually, I hadn't noticed the lyric mess up. Since it's so new, he'll probably get it down more as the song begins to be played continually in a live setting. Definitely didn't affect my enjoyment of the performance.

Jason

I'd definitely buy that DVD if it comes together.

Actually, I hadn't noticed the lyric mess up. Since it's so new, he'll probably get it down more as the song begins to be played continually in a live setting. Definitely didn't affect my enjoyment of the performance.

Jason
The footage looked awesome, and the crowd was nuts. I bet he was pissed at himself for the flub. I'm suprised it doesn't happen more .. it's got to be tough to keep everything straight, and when you do make a goof it's pretty impossible to cover for it. Obviously though several people didn't notice. I think the only reason I did is because the songs is one of my favs of the year, and I know it by heart.

Britt

Doubt it. I bought Glenn a copy of The Gathering Wilderness when it came out, with an implied offer of sponsorship. He thanked me, told me he thought the disc was good, but that they just don't fit. So, short of him falling in love with the new disc, don't hold your breath.

Zod
Rob with Powerfest said that they made a run at Primordial for this year, but that two of the guys in the band had some sort of a conflict. Primordial may be an option for them next year.

You'd have to think Heathen Crusade will try to get them for their third installment. I think I'd probably go to HC if that happened. I'm into the new disc pretty big, and after viewing the video above it's a band I really want to see live.

As for Glenn .. he might like that new disc much better than The Gathering Wilderness. I was not able to get into Primordial until this new one .. now the older discs seem to make more sense to me.

Britt