A Thank You to Theocracy

Rob7

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2014
In the forests of Tennessee
Hello, I am a 48 year old longtime Christian with a large family (6 kids) that has enjoyed all kinds of music until the serious decline in talent, songwriting and so forth over the last decade plus. I have always gravitated towards music that is inspiring and uplifting, whatever the genre; however, there is precious little music out there that to these untrained ears is powerful, vocally and instrumentally talented, Godly, uplifting, with highly variable song types and has strong lyrical content to boot.

In searching the internet over the last few years periodically for such a new group for about the 18k time, about a week ago I happened across the youtube video for "The Master Storyteller" - and was so shocked and excited by what I heard that I began jumping around like a giraffe on crack :) Instantly hooked! FINALLY, power (or any metal) with a vocalist/ songwriter who can write powerful lyrics and back them with a beautiful voice and choral layers without resorting to the typical "cookie monster" growling so many other bands use. In the last week, 3 of my kids and my uncle have become new fans as well - Theocracy is a rather unique group at this point in time, and I am just amazed that they aren't being promoted much more aggressively - the talent and momentum appear to be near a point where they can jump to the big time level - a place they really should already be at. How I never heard of them before is perplexing to say the least as vastly inferior talents are rammed in the media forefront constantly.

Anyway, I just wanted to gratefully Thank God, Mr. Smith and Theocracy - you've restored my faith that serious Christian musical talent is at play - our world desperately needs Gods message, and the music the guys create is a powerful and beautiful vehicle to accomplish this. Keep fighting the good fight, will be buying gear/ supporting the group, hope that you can hit the mainstream music scene right in the chops soon.

God Bless you all and take care - Rob