The Gift of...Theocracy

Matt'sMom

New Metal Member
Aug 26, 2011
Please indulge me for a minute. As Christmas approaches, this is the perfect time to publicly thank God for the gift of Jesus, the gift of music, and the gift of Theocracy. I'm so thankful for the talent that God has gifted each bandmember with. Can you imagine a world without their music? As I've mused over some of the recent postings which dissect the flaws in each song instead of rejoicing over the incredible message as well as the music, I have to admit it troubles me a bit. No one is perfect, and Matt and Theocracy surely don't claim to be. So, in the spirit of this wonderful season, let's not listen for imperfections but rejoice in what an incredible gift this music is. And let's share the gift with others! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Matt's Mom! I do have to agree with you. In fact, I haven't really found anything that I didn't like in the album. Since it's release I've quoted it numerous times. It's a masterpiece, and I thank God for the existence of Theocracy, music, and just... life.

Praise God and Happy Birthday, Jesus, even if your birthday actually four months from now. :)

I've thanked God for Theocracy before, and will gladly do so again. Their music has helped me through some difficult stuff, and I'm grateful for that. And grateful for ATWB. It may just end up being my favorite album. Guys, thanks for three albums worth of awesome music, and Merry Christmas.

I think the Smiths have it wrong. People didn't focus on the glitchy thingies to dis the album or deem it bad, which it surely isn't. They did it because they analyzed the whole album to even the littlest details and wanted to know the meaning and purpose behind everything. If anything this nitpicking ritual should be nothing else but a compliment to the band.
Other than that, people have stopped with the compliments since it felt so redundant, as the incredibility of the music is self-evident. :)

Just a quick note to tell you all: FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!! y PROSPERO AÑO NUEVO!!! as we say it here in Costa Rica!!! Best wishes to all!!!!

and yes, some glitches from Matt´s childhood will be a nice presents for Christmas!!!!!!

Yes, I think that while most of the glitches accusations were erroneous, they shouldn't be taken as an insult. I must say I've honestly never heard any music with production quality as good as AtWB. Everything sounds muddy in comparison. Even MoS sounds a bit muted after a few listens to AtWB.

However, I can understand how it might be annoying to Matt who slaved away to produce the near-perfection that is AtWB. Just when he thought he had fixed every glitch, people come along and uncover new ones within days of the release of the album. But like I said, the glitches are actually imaginary, so Matt, I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. :)

I finally downloaded AtWB yesterday.

WOW!!!:yow:

Thanks Matt and the rest of the guys for the most amazing Christmas present I've ever received.

It took me a while to get through the album, taking time to consider each song before moving on to the next, and listening to a few twice in rapid succession.

This is the most exciting, intelligent metal I've ever heard - it gave me goosebumps and made me want to cry.

Thank you all so much!

I got the Theocract CD for christmas and I am listening to The Master Story teller as I am typing this. I heard psrts of the album on youtube and from other sites. I had an over all preview of the album and I think this is their best work to date. I like Mirror of Souls instantly when I first heard it and I like this CD a lot as well.

It's christmas and as you may know Jesus is the best gift of all and the song I Am protrays that. I think it is great that bands like Theocracy are displaying Jesus through their music. While many may analyze this note and that note and this lyric and that lyric due to personal tastes, the bottom line is Christ is at the center of this disc. Like many bands who have came before Theocracy like Stryper, Petra, Deliverance, Rob Rock, Guardian, Whitecross, Rez Band, Sacred Warrior, Ken Tamplin, etc - I believe that Theocracy is carrying the torch of sharing God's love.

At times I can feell God's presence through Theocracy's music in songs like On Eagle's Wings, Absolution Day, and I AM.

Merry Christmas to you all!

I FINALLY ordered ATWB a few minutes ago. I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I haven't already gotten it, but that's the way things happened. Ordered it finally, with some Christmas money, so it's a Christmas present still coming!

After hearing what I've heard from it (which is not much, since I only like to sample new albums before actually buying them), and reading what you guys have said about it, man, I really look forward to the treat that I know it will be.