Make a Theocracy setlist

Trinitial

Dec 13, 2011
What kind of setlist would you make if you were to see Theocracy live and you got to choose the songs and order? We are assuming that they are the main act, but you can make an opening act setlist if you wish. Also, it'll be for an AtWB tour since it's the latest album.

1. Prelude/Ichthus
2. 30 Pieces of Silver
3. Mountain
4. Absolution Day
5. Light of the World
6. The Serpent's Kiss
7. The Gift of Music
8. Sinner (acoustic)
9. Bethlehem (acoustic)
10. Drown (acoustic)
11. I AM/Mirror of Souls/As the World Bleeds medley

ENCORE:
12. A Tower of Ashes
13. On Eagles Wings
14. The Master Storyteller
15. Martyr
16. Theocracy

Sorry if it tires you out Matt, but that's the price if your band picks up the amount of fans it deserves :D

That's a long encore. Since bands (usually) only have one encore song, I'd choose Theocracy of the five given. If it were a two-song encore, I'd throw in A Tower of Ashes (before Theocracy).

I love the idea of an I AM/Mirror of Souls/As the World Bleeds medley, and I've always thought The Serpent's Kiss would make an amazing live song.

Great list! Aside from what I mentioned about the encore, I wouldn't change it!

That's a long encore. Since bands (usually) only have one encore song, I'd choose Theocracy of the five given. If it were a two-song encore, I'd throw in A Tower of Ashes (before Theocracy).

This depends a lot on the band and venue. At the concerts I've been to there has usually been at least a three-song encore. Very seldom just one in the bigger shows (and I've never been at a really big show)

Since you didn't impose a time limit, I decided to go for something ambitious. It's a lengthy show, and I'm sure it would be a real bruiser to play. However, it's doable and I think it would be kind of show listeners would never forget - AND make an excellent live album. :D

A few notes:

• I envision Wages of Sin and 30 Pieces of silver either merging into one another or played with no pause in between. I think those songs fit nicely and make for a killer combo.
  • Yes, The Serpent's Kiss is a glaring omission. I decided to use just one of the big epics from the S/T, and I prefer Twist of Fate. I would love to have included TSK and the Healing Hand both, but I feel that would have been pushing things.

• I tried to choose songs that give a good overall representation of the bands history. There are a couple I would have liked to include with that in mind, but didn't because the strength of the songs used is more important.

Now obviously, the ultimate concert would be all three albums in their entirety with the complete collection of Christmas songs as the encore. But in the interesting of making this something that could conceivable happen one day, here's what I came up with:

Part I:

1. I AM
2. Wages of Sin
3. 30 Pieces of Silver
4. Mountain
5. Bethlehem
6. Nailed
7. Hide In The Fairytale
8. Martyr
9. As The World Bleeds

Intermission

Part II:

1. Altar To The Unknown God
2. The Master Storyteller
3. Laying The Demon To Rest
4. Sinner
5. Theocracy
6. The Gift of Music
7. Twist of Fate
8. Absolution Day

Encore:

Mirror of Souls

I think I will make a playlist like this and put it on my iPod. Something to dream about while I'm toiling away at work tomorrow. :)

Okay so I'm doing this from my phone so I'll add details later.

1. I Am
2. Laying The Demon To Rest
3. Theocracy
4. Hide In The Fairytale
5. New Jerusalem
6. Drown
7. Martyr
8. Light Of The World
9. On Eagles' Wings or The Gift Of Music (leaning towards the former)
10. Mirror Of Souls

Encore:
As The World Bleeds

Tried to keep it relatively reasonable when it comes to time and thought about how each song ends/begins with the ones around it and how late in the show they'd be. As The World Bleeds is the encore because after Mirror Of Souls, I don't think the crowd would be expecting it and many people may be disappointed that they didn't play it. Double epic ending.

^ LOVE that song. And not just because it's funny. It's just a great song. I love the guitar leads in particular.

^I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of starting with Nailed.

1. Nailed
2. The Master Storyteller
3. Wages of Sin
4. 30 Pieces of Silver
5. Martyr
6. Hide in the Fairytale
7. The Serpent's Kiss
8. Altar to the Unknown God
9. On Eagles' Wings
10. The Gift of Music
11. Laying the Demon to Rest
Encore
12. As the World Bleeds
13. Absolution Day

Ah, a really tough one. :)

Nailed
Hide in the Fairytale
I AM
Laying the Demon to Rest
Mountain
On Eagles' Wings
Altar to the Unknown God
As The World Bleeds
Mirror of Souls [part II-III something]

Encore:
Theocracy
Absolution Day

Isn't that somewhat they order they... played in their recent European tour? And you'd know, considering you run the record label. :p

Isn't that somewhat they order they... played in their recent European tour?

This is not entirely true, as they didn't play Hide In The Fairytale, Altar To The Unknown God and I AM during the concert, or at least not where I heared them. Also, Theocracy did play Martyr and New Jerusalem, and they started off with Wages of Sin, which is probably one of my favourite choices for an opening song, since it drags you in instantly.:kickass:

How about all 3 cds in order in 3 acts & Encore:
Part I:
1. Prelude
2. A Tower of Ashes
3. I AM
4. Ichthus
5. On Eagles Wings
6. The Master Storyteller
7. The Serpent's Kiss
8. Laying the Demon to Rest
9. Nailed
Intermission

Act II:
10. Mountain
11. Bethlehem
12. Hide in the Fairy Tale
13. Theocracy
14. Absolution Day
15. The Gift of Music
16. The Healing Hand
17. The Writing in the Sand
18. 30 Pieces of Silver
19. Sinner
20. Martyr
21. Drown
22. New Jerusalem
23. Mirror of Souls
Intermission

Act III:
24. Altar to the Unknown God
25. The Victory Dance
26. Wages of Sin
27. Light of the World

Encore:
28. Twist of Fate
29. As the World Bleeds

Hide In The Fairytale as acoustic? That's a very guitar based song, I would be super disappointed about that.

I'm thinking he's never been to a (good) concert. Closing with an acoustic rendition (for act 3)? And what about the rule of ballads (coming later in the set)? And never do anything acoustic unless the main riff is a chord.

Since we're on the topic, how would you guys feel if Theocracy wasn't the headliner and only had a 30 minute set. But instead of playing many songs, they only played all of Mirror Of Souls and As The World Bleeds. I think it'd be pretty epic and I'd be satisfied but I'm curious to see how you guys would feel?