a thing about 54 I noticed whilst at work

Diamond Dave

Sheep in Kiss makeup
Apr 18, 2001
Bristol, England
didave.tripod.com
I was thinking about my experiences with 54 over the past week and a bit and I realised that my whole perspective on the band has changed.

After Exeter, Lakis seemed rather taken aback that someone would travel a 200 mile round trip to see the band, spend most of the night talking with them and everything else. It was almost as if he was amazed someone would do that for them.

So, I go to see the band again at Dudley, Lakis gets me put on the guest list, they seem genuinely happy to see me again, still talked with us, cared what we thought about the performance - made it worth the journey again.

Before I saw them at Exeter, I thought 54 were a good young band, having seen them live twice, they've gone up in my opinion, still need a few things before they are a truly great band though imho ;)

But more important than that, having spent time with the band, I'm thinking of them as great people rather than just a band, which very few people from bands have managed to do over the years. It's almost as if they're friends rather than anything else now (cue mad stalker music :lol:)

Anyway, the end result is that the band think a helluva lot of their fans and this is very much appreciated. It means a lot to Lakis that I'd journey 200 miles to see them - it means a lot to me that they made it worth that journey and that they care about it.

You know, I think I'm beginning to see why Madgirl's so obsessed with the band ;)

yeh, i traveled about 120 miles to see them in coventry...which was great gig even thou the management (of the club) fucked up big time with the timing!!!!!

and i also got moaned at by my friends cos they didnt get to see the gig, but is that MY fault!??!?!

LOL

oh well, least i got to see them.

They do appreciate it when people come to see em from long distances, its true.

And ill definately agree the fact that theyre really nice people, ive had the pleasure of there company quite a few times, and always had a laugh, even when they are really quite busy!!!! Like you say, it really is nice, and thats why they are my No.1 Band.

aye i know exactly what u mean..

iv never had a local gig with 54.. its always been a long trip to see them.

and when u walk in the room and theres that instant recognision that they remember u, ur not just a face in the crowd...its a special moment.

it has been my genuine pleasure to attened their gigs and hang with them (tho im scared of laura ;) )

Yeah, I know what you mean DD - they are great people as well as being a great band........they always come over for a chat & occasional drink :D - Lakis did go a bit far after the 2nd Camden gig though by chucking his Vodka & Coke all over me :lol:
.......a little tit-bit abouth the new album, if all goes well it will make an appearance in September/October and will have between 10 to 15 songs on it :D :D :headbang: :headbang: