A thought about Saxon's North American Tour

ultra motion

New Metal Member
Jul 2, 2005
Seeing as how they have problems in doing a proper NA tour (lack of promotion, not enough record sales, etc.), I thought to myself that Saxon should try and join a bigger band tour. Like a direct support for Judas Priest, Deep Purple, or Iron Maiden for example.

Case and point, Lemmy revealed in a recent radio interview that for the next NA Tour, Motorhead will try and get on a bigger band tour because they're not getting good album sales in NA. Saxon should follow this example too.

Point well made. My old band learned a valuable lesson. If the gig's offered, consider it and then do as much as you can. You might end up living in a van with four guys you learn to dislike heartily after the firs however many months, but sometimes you gotta.

Being your own crew is fun, too. I also did a load of light and sound set-up pre-shows.

I really hope for a resurgence in the fortunes of some of the bands we here consider "big". Joint NA tours might be the way forward.

Cheeers!

klingonbear:headbang:

Yeah i hear the recent Guns ' n Roses tour is going very well, if Saxon could get on that they'd be sorted in the usa......I bet Biff and Axl would get on really well :lol:

Seriously though, some good points there.

When Priest reunited im sure it was no coincidence that they joined the ozzfest for 2004, that was a very smart move!

Wow, I would kill to see a Saxon / Priest show. But what band in their right minds would let such an outstanding live act like Saxon open for them? They'd undoubtedly steal the show from the headliner.

WILKS said:
Maybe a Motorhead/Saxon tour would be a good idea.
Except for those who don't like Motorhead...me being one of them! :p

Priest and Saxon would rock humungously as would Magnum and Saxon...or any other band I adore that is'nt Motorhead! :lol:

before i read the thread i was going to say motorhead/saxon tour. Motorhead alone should draw crouds, and since they do bigger tours saxon could get exposed to a bigger audience and prove their worth.
Motorhead and Saxon have done many festivals this year and were going to do their own gig together in bulgaria, so touring together should have crossed their minds

Iron Maiden had Dio and Motorhead for there tour a few yers back in NA. Great show BTW.Maiden ,Saxon and Riot would be perfect.:headbang:

Saxon Eric said:
Iron Maiden had Dio and Motorhead for there tour a few yers back in NA. Great show BTW.Maiden ,Saxon and Riot would be perfect.:headbang:

What US Tour?????

Hell Maiden is doing a "REAL" tour.....

Thank god for Overkill!!!!!!!!!

Saxon Eric said:

<oops!>

What US Tour?????

Hell Maiden isn't even doing a "REAL" tour.....

Saxon Eric said:
Maiden ,Saxon and Riot would be perfect.:headbang:
Riot? Nah. They ain`t what they once were. Only 1 original member and most of the new stuff(1990-present)isn`t all that good. Riot can`t even book a bar in the USA these days. Come to think of it, Saxon has been playing bars when they come here. I like seeing them in bars, but maybe teaming up with some bigger name bands would be nice. The heavy metal scene isn`t good here in the US right now. Saxon opening for Maiden would be nice. No need for a third band to take time away from Saxon.

liama said:
<oops!>

What US Tour?????

Hell Maiden isn't even doing a "REAL" tour.....

Real enough that I get to see them next Friday in Boston:headbang:

liama said:
BASTARD....

I Guess Texas is not part of the US.....

You can't have everything . You guys get Saxon every time they come over. I can't even remember the last time they were in new england. :cry:

Saxon Eric said:
You can't have everything . You guys get Saxon every time they come over. I can't even remember the last time they were in new england. :cry:

The thing is here in San Antonio at least...They can still draw 4-5K people for a show.....

Saxon Eric said:
Metalhead Tour. They played in RI I think.

RayNJ said:
Metalhead Tour. They played in RI I think.
Really ?That was about 6 years ago right? We started having kids around then so I COULD HAVE MISSED IT.. For those interested the Maiden show was very good, They played the whole new disc from start to finish. The friend I went with brought his 10 year old kid. My friends first concert was Iron maiden with Judas Priest back in 1982 now he takes his kid to his first and its Iron Maiden:worship:

Saxon Eric said:
Really ?That was about 6 years ago right? We started having kids around then so I COULD HAVE MISSED IT.. For those interested the Maiden show was very good, They played the whole new disc from start to finish. The friend I went with brought his 10 year old kid. My friends first concert was Iron maiden with Judas Priest back in 1982 now he takes his kid to his first and its Iron Maiden:worship:

Yeah 6 years for New England, and I think it has been 4 years since there last actual "Appearance" in the states. Remember the fiasco 2 years ago with them scheduling 12 tour dates in the US, then 6, then cancelling the whole tour? WTF! I gave up on Saxon coming back here 4 years ago. There seems to be no initiative whatever from Saxon's management to bring them back to the states. So they can play in Bulgaria, Poland, and all these places but not the US??? Granted the crowds aren't as big in the US, and they probably don't make any money on the tours here, but when you have a song named after Dallas, numerous lyrics referring to American culture, and two albums basically "made in the US" (Rock The Nations, Destiny) and you can't tour over here? Just doesn't seem right. I've seen Saxon twice in 1985 and in 1998, and both shows were killer, but these days they seem to just concentrate on Europe and dont give a sh*t about the US.

devilridesout said:
Yeah 6 years for New England, and I think it has been 4 years since there last actual "Appearance" in the states. Remember the fiasco 2 years ago with them scheduling 12 tour dates in the US, then 6, then cancelling the whole tour? WTF! I gave up on Saxon coming back here 4 years ago. There seems to be no initiative whatever from Saxon's management to bring them back to the states. So they can play in Bulgaria, Poland, and all these places but not the US??? Granted the crowds aren't as big in the US, and they probably don't make any money on the tours here, but when you have a song named after Dallas, numerous lyrics referring to American culture, and two albums basically "made in the US" (Rock The Nations, Destiny) and you can't tour over here? Just doesn't seem right. I've seen Saxon twice in 1985 and in 1998, and both shows were killer, but these days they seem to just concentrate on Europe and dont give a sh*t about the US.

Well said....