a toast to AC/DC...

By the way, I think this is the first time the overseas releases from the Bon era have been available in Australia so alot of AC/DC fans will probably buy them all so they have both versions. I couldn't be bothered though, I'd rather just have the original Aussie releases. I'm not rich enough to buy multiple copies of things haha!

The Trooper said:
And no idea about the other 3! They're probably B-sides or unreleased tracks from the early days I'd say! :)
Wow, it seems I got myself a few goodies there. Anyway, that explains why there's apparently a different singer on Rocking In The Parlor. I also have a different version of Can I Sit Next To You with that singer (or so it seems). You might like Carry Me Home though. It's a cool song with the typical tongue in cheek attitude Bon was so well known for. Down The Borderline is a Brian Johnson track. I really love that one, too. Can't understand why it didn't make it on any album. At the moment my schedule is a bit tight but that'll be over in about two weeks when I'm done with my exams for this semester. If you or any of the other boys are/is interested I'll try to upload these songs somewhere. I just hope I figure out how to do that, hahaha.

Cool that'd be good, I'd be interested!

The original AC/DC singer was a guy called Dave Evans. He sung on the single version of Can I Sit Next To You Girl in about 1973/1974 and it even had an extremely dodgy promo clip made for it and its REALLY glam rock!!! Totally not AC/DC like at all! Malcolm Young is wearing white silk and flares with a shiny glam rock hairdo hahahaha, and Dave Evans is wearing a white and red glam outfit haha! And Angus is wearing pyjamas! The band is playing in an empty school or community hall, its very funny!

And do you know what Dave Evans is doing now? He sings in Australia's biggest AC/DC tribute band! HAHAHA! They're called Thunderstruck!! Pretty good gimmick for them to be able to say they have the original AC/DC singer on vocals!

The Trooper said:
Nope I don't think he is!
Oh, I see. Well, the name Evans is not that rare in English speaking countries, right?
Listen, I don't mean to be rude but I have to quit for now. It is a lot of fun to chat with you but I really need to do something for my exams. Maybe another time?

If not for AC/DC's "Back in Black" which I bought on vinyl in 1980 at the tender age of 12, I might not be a metasl-head today. Enough said.... I owe my "metal soul" to them.

Bryant

Yeah... I gotta give props to AC/DC. Their songs were a legendary part of my youth. I'm partial to the Bon Scott era personally. The only problem I have with them is that after palying in "cover rock bands" for 15-20 years, I seem to group them in with a category I call "Redneck Rock". This is because every bar I've ever played has always had drunk people yelling for two bands.... Lynyrd Skynyrd and AC/DC ... and yes I've played so many of each bands songs that they have become boring to me. But AC/DC still deserves the props!!!

On the other hand....

TROOPER... you may be familiar with this..

I've always been very partial to "The Angels / Angel City" (depending on where you live and what albums you've aquired). I've always considered them to be the "underground" version of AC/DC... maybe a bit more experimental, but still damn good rock n roll!!!!

Yep I know the band The Angels, they are pretty big here! Here they are known as The Angels but I think overseas they are known as Angels From Angel City maybe. Never really been a fan though, I much prefer Rose Tattoo, they're alot better!

AC/DC rocks. All albums up to "Fly on the Wall" are fucking great. Best album for me of course BiB and HtH and especially the greatest live album of all times "If you want Blood". Bon or Brian ? Boian !
Cheerz