Ac/dc

Cold Gin

Aug 8, 2002
Germany
Visit site
I hardly hear anything about AC/DC here. To me AC/DC is is one the greatest bands ever !!!! I love all the albums up to the 1981 "For Those about to Rock", didn´t even make a big difference if it was Bon or Brian singing. That was pure Hard Rock I could still listen to every day. "If you want Blood" is also one of the best live albums ever. After the albums "Flick of the Switch" and "Fly on the Wall" though I have to admit I stopped buying AC/DC albums, because these two albums were really disappointing and boring, so I can´t really comment on anything since then.

Cheerz

qwell there recent album 'stiff upper lip' is very good i tihnk, my peronsall favs are razors edge and back in black, highway to hell is good too, i do like acdc, my dad is an acdc nut so i cant steer clear of them (even if i wanted too), but ne way u should listen to stiff upper lip, it is good i think

i agree also that there aint much differnce between bon and brian, there both good, however i find brian's more croaky voice more to my liking, i think his voice was on top form on back in black ( the song) and bon was very good on dirty deeds i think, but still i find brian slightly better, no offence to bon tho, god rest his soul

AC/DC are amazing. Back in Black, Highway to Hell and LEt there be rock are great albums i think- don't know many of the others though i've heard the odd song, thinking about getting for those about to rock- is that any good??

Still diggin AC/DC after 20+ years.

Cold Gin: You might want to check out "Flick of the Switch" again if it's been awhile. It's really not bad at all. Nervous Shakedown rocks!

Originally posted by raccyd
AC/DC are amazing. Back in Black, Highway to Hell and LEt there be rock are great albums i think- don't know many of the others though i've heard the odd song, thinking about getting for those about to rock- is that any good??

I´d recommend the live album "If you want Blood" if you don´t have it yet. Riff Raff and Whole lotta Rosie ... that rocks !!!

I think Flick Of The Switch and Fly On The Wall rock! I like them better than For Those About To Rock, there are a few too many crap songs on that one, although there are some really awesome ones too like Inject The Venom, Evil Walks, Let's Get It Up and the title track.

I think after Fly On The Wall though is when they got a little bit boring and each album had a couple of classics, one or 2 hidden gems, and the rest filler.

All the Bon albums rule, and Back In Black is one of the greatest rock albums ever :headbang:

High voltage, kick ass rock'n'roll is what AC/DC has always been about. Some people diss them for playing the same sounding songs over and over again, but I admire them for staying true and not being swayed by the trends that have come and gone through the years.

I remember a quote from Brian Johnson when Ballbreaker came out (a GREAT album, by the way) in 1995, when alternative music was at it's peak. The interviewer asked "With alternative music becoming big, is AC/DC making any alternative music?"...Brian replied "Alternative used to mean something that noone else was playing. Well, we're the only ones playing rock'n'roll anymore, so I guess that makes us alternative."

:headbang:

I've been playing heaps and heaps of AC/DC the last week. Today I finally picked up Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video too, both on vinyl.

I'm trying to get my 3-month-old son into AC/DC...
acdc

Although so far, he doesn't seem too impressed with the shirt...
acdcpuke

Ac/Dc rocks! One of my favorite bands ever. They have a bunch of new special cool reissues coming out this year. Be sure to check them out. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep" is probably my favorite album by them. I just bought the "For Those About To Rock We Salute You" t - shirt the other day. It is really cool.

Also anyfans of Ac/Dc, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, KISS, etc check out the band Iced Earth. They have a new album out called "Tribute To The Gods" and they cover alot of their major influences on there including Ac/Dc with "Highway To Hell" and "It's A Long Way To The Top". Killer stuff and the band themselves are great.

Here is the scoop on the Ac/Dc reissues...

CDs :
The first three waves of CDs are confirmed as follows:

February 18th:
Back In Black
Live
High Voltage
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Highway To Hell

March 25th:
The Razor's Edge
Who Made Who
For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
Let There Be Rock
Powerage

May 20th:
If You Want (You've Got It)
Flick Of The Switch
Fly On The Wall
'74 Jailbreak
Blow Up Your Video

The release of the "Bonfire" Box Set is still to be confirmed. All reissues are remastered (again!) and will be released in deluxe digi-packs and utilize Sony's proprietary ConnecteD technology to unlock special online content created for each release which will soon be available at the web site www.acdcrocks.com.

Vinyl:
Each album will be issued on deluxe 180-gram vinyl.

DVDs:
The Atlantic video vaults have also been opened and AC/DC's visual catalogue will be available for the first time on DVD. Titles tentatively scheduled for May 20 are the following: "Let There Be Rock" (1979), "Live At Donington" (1991), "Who Made Who" (1986), "Fly On The Wall" (1985) and "Clipped" (1991).

TheGraveDigger said:
Ac/Dc rocks! One of my favorite bands ever. They have a bunch of new special cool reissues coming out this year. Be sure to check them out. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep" is probably my favorite album by them. I just bought the "For Those About To Rock We Salute You" t - shirt the other day. It is really cool.

Also anyfans of Ac/Dc, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, KISS, etc check out the band Iced Earth. They have a new album out called "Tribute To The Gods" and they cover alot of their major influences on there including Ac/Dc with "Highway To Hell" and "It's A Long Way To The Top". Killer stuff and the band themselves are great.

Here is the scoop on the Ac/Dc reissues...

DVDs:
The Atlantic video vaults have also been opened and AC/DC's visual catalogue will be available for the first time on DVD. Titles tentatively scheduled for May 20 are the following: "Let There Be Rock" (1979), "Live At Donington" (1991), "Who Made Who" (1986), "Fly On The Wall" (1985) and "Clipped" (1991).

I haven't picked up any of the re-re-reissues. Some how this whole thing reeks of a Gene $immon$ ploy to fuck the fans....
It's just record label trying push some more records.
The DVD's sound great the Who Made WHo & the Clipped ones I had previously owned on VHS. The Monsters of Rock show is very stale, as is No Bull. Their latest live DVD is the shit, though Brain voice is shot....