A Touch of Blessing tabs?

cooldude76230

New Metal Member
Mar 7, 2004
Im tabbing out a touch of blessing and Im not sure what the timing is for the intro.(Ive tabbed the notes already) Is it in 12/8 because it seems like it is but i want to be 100% sure

I've been trying to figure out the intro for several months. I've been unable to find the right tuning... the only part i've been able to get 75% right is the high pitch part after the line "A world free from sin.."

I think the tuning is C. (it may be different but I figured out the notes anyway) I cant get a good view on the video to see how they are fingering the power chords though.

all you gotta use is a tuner.

tune a half step down for Eb tuning, a whole step down for D tuning, etc.

cooldude76230 said:
I think the tuning is C. (it may be different but I figured out the notes anyway) I cant get a good view on the video to see how they are fingering the power chords though.
i think its dropped C

i could be wrong. . .

They are tuned to drop C on that song. If you watch the video you can see that they are are hitting some of those power chords with one finger. I also tried to figure out that song and the tuning I came up with was Drop C. Most of the other songs are in Drop D I believe but I might be wrong on that.

In case you were still wondering about the rhythm of the intro, it's in 4/4 (4 dotted quarter notes, 2 16th and 1 8th)

yannbass said:
In case you were still wondering about the rhythm of the intro, it's in 4/4 (4 dotted quarter notes, 2 16th and 1 8th)

i dont understand exactly which of the notes are what length.

A Touch Of Blessing is in D G C F A D
I know the whole song, I just haven't tabbed it out, and I probably won't.
I can get you started though...

The intro is essentially this: (Copy this into notepad or something)
D||-------------------------|-------------------------|
A||-------------------------|-------------------------|
F||-------------------------|-------------------------|
C||--7---5---7---5---7-5-7--|--8---7---8---7---8-7-8--|
G||--5---5---5---5---5------|--5---5---5---5---5------|

-------------------------|---------------------||
--7---5---7---5---7-5-7--|--7---8---5----------||
--8---8---8---8---8------|--6---6---6----------||

And the chords on the verses are like this:
||-------|
||-------|
||-------|
||-5--7-|
||-3--5-|
||-3--5-|

So there ya go, figure out the rhythm and such yourself, I'm too lazy to tab it.

Katalepsy said:
A Touch Of Blessing is in D G C F A D
I know the whole song, I just haven't tabbed it out, and I probably won't.
I can get you started though...

The intro is essentially this: (Copy this into notepad or something)
A||-------------------------|-------------------------|
F||-------------------------|-------------------------|
C||--7---5---7---5---7-5-7--|--8---7---8---7---8-7-8--|
G||--5---5---5---5---5------|--5---5---5---5---5------|

--7---5---7---5---7-5-7--|--7---8---5----------||
--8---8---8---8---8------|--6---6---6----------||

And the chords on the verses are like this:
||-------|
||-------|
||-------|
||-5--7-|
||-3--5-|
||-3--5-|

So there ya go, figure out the rhythm and such yourself, I'm too lazy to tab it.
wow, first you have no idea what guitar Children Of Bodom use, and now you have no idea how to tune a guitar, do yo ueven play?

the tuning is in drop C, and that intro is off. . .more like this

D|| ------------------------|-------------------------|
A|| ------------------------|-------------------------|
F|| -2--0--2--0--2-0--3--0--3--0--3-0-3-------------|
C|| -0--0--0--0--0-0--0--0--0--0--0-0-0-------------|
G|| --------------------------------------------------|
C|| ------------------------|-------------------------|

A|| ------------------------|--3-----------------------
F|| 2-0-2-0-2-0--2--3--0--2---------------------------
C|| 0-0-0-0-0-0--0--0--0--0---------------------------|

and variations of that. . .

bobvex said:
wow, first you have no idea what guitar Children Of Bodom use, and now you have no idea how to tune a guitar, do yo ueven play?

Wow, first you hold a grudge against him because of a subject completely unrelated to the topic at hand, and now you have no clue about the relationships between frets of a guitar?
If you'll notice, the only difference between being a whole step down (as in what he posted) and being in drop C is the low C string, which you did not even use in your "correction" of his tab. If you weren't so hell-bent on being an asshole to him and you actually knew your way around the guitar, you would realize that the intro riff he posted and the one that you posted are THE EXACT SAME THING, just in different positions. Personally I prefer the position you posted, as that is how I play it myself, but he was not wrong on that intro at all. The notes are the same as in yours, and they are correct.

The second riff that he posted was horribly off, but you didn't even try to tab that one out, so you really haven't corrected him on anything, only made a complete fool of yourself to those of us who understand the geometry of the fretboard.

Quit being such an ass and holding grudges just because he was mistaken on what guitars Bodom use. From what I got out of that thread, that wasn't even his main point, but apparently people were too dense to find it and had to jump on him with all the "you got pwned" crap just because he doesn't know the entire history of the band. Waaaaaaaaaaaa :cry:

BTW, for those still looking for a full tab of the song, I've been working on a Guitar Pro tab of it so my band can play it, and I'll gladly share when I'm done. It's not going to be 100% accurate (drum fills, certain keyboard parts that are too hard to hear 100% right, and the little lead dealies they do at the end of each phrase of the verse...little things that don't make a drastic change in the end)

Hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week, time permitting.

bobvex said:

A|| ------------------------|-------------------------|
F|| -2--0--2--0--2-0--3--0--3--0--3-0-3-------------|
C|| -0--0--0--0--0-0--0--0--0--0--0-0-0-------------|

and variations of that. . .

First off, I'm not some jackass who is so obsessed with Children of Bodom that I have to study their equpiment, I don't care to stay up to date with CoB, I don't even like them all that much, just a few songs. Second, you have horrible grammar skills, as well as horrible typing skills. THIRD, yes, I do play. Honestly, do you really think that someone who does not play guitar would even bother posting a GUITAR TAB for a song? FOURTH, if you're such a guitar genius, why is it that you did not know that the way you tabbed that intro is the same as the way I tabbed it? You just put it in a different position, so fuckin sue me for not tabbing it the way YOU play it, fuckin prick. Christ, you make it seem like it's SO bloody hard to drop the low E string from a D to a C and leave the rest of the strings a whole step down, YES I KNOW HOW TO TUNE A FUCKING GUITAR! I would think going from standard to 2 and a half steps down then to 1 step down, then drop C, then to 1 and a half steps then to 2 full steps shows that I know how to tune a bloody guitar.
What that means:
E A D G B E
B E A D F# B
D G C F A D
C G C F A D
C# F# B E G# C#
C F A# D# G C

I've probably used more different tunings than you can possibly imagine even existed as actual tunings. So do yourself a favor, try not to assume anything about people, it just makes you look like a prick.

And for the record, that very last note in your tab, it's not supposed to be a single note...figure it out.

Liquid Shadow said:
Wow, first you hold a grudge against him because of a subject completely unrelated to the topic at hand, and now you have no clue about the relationships between frets of a guitar?
The way he came off in that thread has the same way i came off in my post above, ARROGANT. i'm not arrogant, and merely wanted to point that out, that sometimes, he has no idea what he is saying.

Liquid Shadow said:
If you'll notice, the only difference between being a whole step down (as in what he posted) and being in drop C is the low C string, which you did not even use in your "correction" of his tab. If you weren't so hell-bent on being an asshole to him and you actually knew your way around the guitar, you would realize that the intro riff he posted and the one that you posted are THE EXACT SAME THING, just in different positions. Personally I prefer the position you posted, as that is how I play it myself, but he was not wrong on that intro at all. The notes are the same as in yours, and they are correct.
its a tonal difference, my way has a brighter sound to it, like the album.

Liquid Shadow said:
The second riff that he posted was horribly off, but you didn't even try to tab that one out, so you really haven't corrected him on anything, only made a complete fool of yourself to those of us who understand the geometry of the fretboard.
ummm. . yeah i did tab it out

maybe you missed it

Liquid Shadow said:
Quit being such an ass and holding grudges just because he was mistaken on what guitars Bodom use. From what I got out of that thread, that wasn't even his main point, but apparently people were too dense to find it and had to jump on him with all the "you got pwned" crap just because he doesn't know the entire history of the band. Waaaaaaaaaaaa :cry:
again, it was related to the way he said it. he just came off as ann arrogant fool. I probably did too, but that was the point.

Katalepsy said:
First off, I'm not some jackass who is so obsessed with Children of Bodom that I have to study their equpiment, I don't care to stay up to date with CoB, I don't even like them all that much, just a few songs.
fine, then dont claim to know what they use when you clearly dont. Im not obsessed with bodom, but i was when i started listening to them, became one of those dumbass fanboys, and have since ceased. i an a gear head, i do a LOT of research on gear, guitars, tone, and whatnot. thats my obsession.

Katalepsy said:
Second, you have horrible grammar skills, as well as horrible typing skills.
So. :Smug:

Katalepsy said:
I've probably used more different tunings than you can possibly imagine even existed as actual tunings. So do yourself a favor, try not to assume anything about people, it just makes you look like a prick.
I dont care how many more tunings you've played in.

Katalepsy said:
And for the record, that very last note in your tab, it's not supposed to be a single note...figure it out.
some it does, some it does something different.