A tour with Sabaton - epic or fail?

Metal Ambition

New Metal Member
Sep 29, 2008
Sweden
They represent two different genres - Sabaton the softer one - but I feel that they are epic in their own special way and their lyrics about rather fresh conflicts as well as their pacing make them arguably harder then their genre. It's nothing wrong with their brand of metal either - it's nice with variation for the ear and I feel that they also have a great sense of melody and action just like AA. So, what do you think - epic or fail (or somewhere in between)?

Sabaton the band before AA? That would be great! I would be dead.
Their songs are so epic. I love them. Listen to them just since 4 month but i love them.

GREAT FUCKIN' EPIC YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

one question. who the fuck is Sabaton?

This is the question that is on my mind aswell.

Judging by this picture below I'm going to agree with Rhonda

sabaton1.jpg

Sabaton kill live.Saw them a couple of weeks ago,here in Greece..

One of the best new power metal bands out there:headbang:

(Leave the damn promo pictures aside,and just get "Primo Victoria"..)

Ok, I really dig power metal, too, but they tend to take it to extremes.

As for these guys, I probably judged too early (based on listening to 1 song and the look of the myspace page) but immediately thought FAIL.

I looove Sabaton but I can see how you'd hate them and they certainly don't mix well with Amon Amarth.

My idea of epic win is Amon Amarth with Ensiferum but they didn't come to my state so I am real sad! :(

FAIL

Yeah I had a quick listen earlier, pretty bad.

FAIL

not a big fan of power metal so id say fail!

FAIL

Fenrisúlfr;7982633 said:
Some of Sabaton's music is quite epic, though the rest is 'eh'...

FAIL

As for these guys, I probably judged too early (based on listening to 1 song and the look of the myspace page) but immediately thought FAIL.

FAIL

I looove Sabaton but I can see how you'd hate them and they certainly don't mix well with Amon Amarth.

Slightly less fail.