A tour with Sabaton - epic or fail?

Amon Amarth supported by Sabaton?

that's like putting Cannibal Corpse on a tour with DragonForce. I don't see it working too well.

Wether you like them or not left alone...

Both bands pack the hall to the roof.

Both band's fans know how to party. (Though I have to say the Grailknights/Sabaton gig I saw last year was one of the best gigs I've ever seen)

its a win win . sabaton are brilliant live as i have had the pleasure at a small club in leeds in 2007. of course sabaton as well as amon amarth are at bloodstock this year. hence the reason for purchasing my ticket allready.

Ouch, those vocals and "electronics" in that Sabaton band are quite painful.
I don't know why but the only Power metal band I can appreciate is Blind Guardian, probably because I was forced-fed their music until I liked it.

Amon Amarth supported by Sabaton?

that's like putting Cannibal Corpse on a tour with DragonForce. I don't see it working too well.

Not really.
Because if Cannibal Corpse toured with Dragonforce...
I'd go see it.

Really. This would be complete failure, and not just because Saboton are really mediocre but because epic manly Viking metal does not belong onstage with cheesy power metal.

I found this statement from the leadsinger of Sabaton pretty funny, it's from an interview made in a local swedish newspaper the day before this thread was started (I hadn't read it then):

The last album I purchased is ...
"Twilight of the Thunder good" by Amon Amarth. A little too hard for me actually, but it is very melodic and the band is as tight as they come.

I just purchased Art of War and I love it and I am certainly not a power metal listener because guitarwank really annoys me. I would not put these guys with AA unless there was a third (or more) band to go on after Sabaton but ideally Sabaton would be better off playing with bands that are not as heavy. A night of Alestorm/Sabaton would be a good drunken night!

Personally I would prefer Falkenbach with AA... never happen but can only dream :devil:

Sabaton is one of the only Power Metal bands I enjoy. However I wouldn't put them in with AA.

Ok, I really dig power metal, too, but they tend to take it to extremes.

What? Sabaton is one of the less "Powery" and more masculine Power Metal bands. Not as much pointless guitar wank and wailing high pitched vocals and shit. In Fact you'd be hard pressed to find a misplaced or badly paced solo in Sabatons work. Some of their songs are hardly even Power Metal.

What? Sabaton is one of the less "Powery" and more masculine Power Metal bands.

No.

Saboton:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xYzQ-SRs4g&feature=related[/ame]

Manly power metal:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfMIJ8_AJlo&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with you that the latter band has a more manly sound all around although you perhaps cherrypicked a bit when it came to songs from both bands. Sabaton have a dramatic and comedic touch to their act which inevitably draws down the manliness compared to some styles of more laidback power metal. Either you appreciate their talent for melody, drama and catchy narrativeness and feel that it weighs it up or you don't. However the power metal world is of course choke full of less manly bands.

Perhaps they would also put focus on possible cheeziness in amon's act which would be a bad thing but I believe that it would be tour that would draw alot of crowds. Especially if Sabaton could release a couple of albums more with perhaps some songs that had a slightly heavier sound - although they shouldn't give up their crisp melodies.

Also if one looks at the bands that have toured with Amon Amarth it's not exactly the hardest bands in the business, for instance nightwish which I guess was also seen as a nice complimentary act?