A tribute to the (2nd?) greatest band EVER

What the fuck? It's a goddamn TRIBUTE, not a place to bitch about your hatred for Rhapsody. If you don't like Rhapsody, don't post on a tribute to them. Myself and the other enlightened individuals can discuss this most excellent band, and you don't have to feel the need to interrupt us with your complaining.

By the way, Rhapsody kicks ass, in case you didn't pick that up from what I said earlier.

Yngvai X said:
Go listen to some Rage, Grave Digger, Brainstorm, Persuader, and Mystic Prophecy, then get back to me on that. :)

Theres more to powermetal than Helloween and Stratovarius clones, you know. :p

I was kinda joking. I know there are plenty of ballsy power metal bands, but it's hard to resist making fun of PM. :D

TotenMitMacht said:
What the fuck? It's a goddamn TRIBUTE, not a place to bitch about your hatred for Rhapsody. If you don't like Rhapsody, don't post on a tribute to them. Myself and the other enlightened individuals can discuss this most excellent band, and you don't have to feel the need to interrupt us with your complaining.

By the way, Rhapsody kicks ass, in case you didn't pick that up from what I said earlier.

Well you kinda set yourself up for flamebait with crap like:

I also had someone listen to Rhapsody, and he said he didn't like them. Luckily, I managed to kill him before he infected the others.

Note- people who don't like RHAPSODY are just mindless drones, faceless automatons marching in lockstep to the commands of a sinister, Orwellian, dystopian dictator.

Rhapsody is the best. If you disagree, you are wrong.

So you insult people who don't like Rhapsody and wonder why they have something to say about it?

-Kronikle

I love Rhapsody, I dont care, their one of the most FUN, HAPPY, Power metal bands out there. Their so epic and happy, puts me in a good mood 24/7. Unicorns are so frkn metal as well, dont repress.

Also, dont flame rhapsody in a thread made by some stoner who was proclaiming his sexual affection to Fabio Lione and christopher lee's narration.

And stoners shouldnt flame members for not liking rhapsody.

And rage kicks major amounts of ass.

That Is all.

I guess the honor of Rhapsody is incomprehensible to you fucks. Is it possible to not take every goddamn thing so seriously? "Kronikle"- of course I didn't mean what I said. It's a fucking exaggeration. If you didn't pick up on this after my clear statement of it, maybe a few reading comprehension classes could do the trick. It doesn't take a genius.

TotenMitMacht said:
I guess the honor of Rhapsody is incomprehensible to you fucks. Is it possible to not take every goddamn thing so seriously? "Kronikle"- of course I didn't mean what I said. It's a fucking exaggeration. If you didn't pick up on this after my clear statement of it, maybe a few reading comprehension classes could do the trick. It doesn't take a genius.

But at the same time, that kinda stuff just makes something click inside of people...when you go overboard and exaggerate people notice and will respond, even if they're not agreeing with you. I know I probably would have kept my mouth shut in this topic if it was more along the lines of "hey who else here likes Rhapsody?" rather than "OMFG RHAPSODY R0X0RS TEH BIG ONE!!!11!1 IF YOU DON'T AGREE YOU SUX, GO DIE LOLORZ!!! OMG!!1" (not saying you went that overboard...just giving an example). Why do you think so many people can't resist feeding trolls? :p

lol So you're getting angry at me for explaning why people are expressing their opinions?

/sigh

I'm staying out of this thread from now on. Some people are just too immature to handle a simple debate/conversation without flaming the other person.

Kronikle66 said:
Some people are just too immature to handle a simple debate/conversation without flaming the other person.

AND WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?? Are you saying I am immmature? are you saying I am simple???? You better get your arse out of here.

:D

come on people, lets not reduce ourselves to the level of the dream theater forum, lets be a little more civilized.

p.s: i like rhapsody, but dragonforce might tie for 2nd place also

Imagine the bombast of Emerald Sword, Land of Immortals, Dawn of Victory, Unholy Warcry etc for a whole album. Each song is around 200bpm and features gratuitous amounts of leads and solos, with the odd keyboard patch thrown in for good measure. The vocals are clean (and non-choral), and the lyrics about battle and fighting for freedom against no one in particular. It's not supposed to be serious - the music is very fun. Listening to Dragonforce makes me smile.

Go here (Sancutary/Noise's site) for My Spirit Will Go On from their latest album Sonic Firestorm, and also Black Winter Night from their first album - Valley Of The Damned. They have only released these two albums, and if you like Rhapsody, then you can't really go wrong with Dragonforce.

I've mentioned this before but I will mention it again, primarily because the website is absolutely hilarious (and offensive) - check out Dragonforce's alleged alter ego during the Valley Of The Damned demo days - Shadow Warriors. The four tracks the Shadow Warriors and a drum machine made can be downloaded from their website for free and come in standard and ninja-quality remastered varities.

My favourite DF solo is on Prepare For War (on Sonic Firestorm) from around 2:48 right through to 5:34. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

If you like DF, but also death metal (I won't judge you, but you're stupid and wrong) then look up the last couple of released by Demoniac - Herman Li and Sam Totman's former band. It's... interesting - sort of Bodom but with happier guitar lines :S

There are also a lot of concert and other videos on the Dragonforce Site which record bits of concerts (especially the parts where they mess up :D). Their forum is located there also, but etiquette is not generally observed there to the same degree it is here.

is that just speculation that the Shadow Warriors were Dragonforce or is that true? Cause I remember when I heard Shadow Warriors, after I got done laughing my ass off I said "wow these guys sound a lot like Dragonforce".

I don't think it's ever been officially admitted but there seems to be a number of in-jokes on the forum that refer to the subject which all the people who have been there since time immemorial understand, but no one else does.

The vocalist is almost certainly ZP Theart, and I can't see the guitarists being anyone but Herman and Sam.

Feel The Fire 2:47 sounds very similar to Starfire 5:27
Die For Honour 0:55 sounds very similar to Fields Of Despair 1:59
Fight For Be Free 2:45 sounds very similar to Starfire 1:48

By "similar to", I mean the melodies are almost 100% the same. Fields Of Despair is from Sonic Firestorm which was released last year, whereas the Shadow Warriors stuff was 2001/2002. Thus, unless some dodgy plagiarism has occurred, it would suggest to me that the Shadow Warriors are in fact Dragonforce, or someone very close to said band.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
come on people, lets not reduce ourselves to the level of the dream theater forum, lets be a little more civilized.

FORAHM WARR!!!!11

Now wait...are you referring to the Dream Theater forum that you were banned from for being an annoyance? It must suck to be so immature that you get banned from a place that you don't consider "civilized" (especially with an entire section devoted to political/religious discussion where many *very* intelligent people post). What does that say about you then?

So kiddies, the moral of today's post: Don't try to stir shit up when it's going to wind up embarassing you once the extent of your idiocy is revealed. :Spin:

that was wayne the viking who was banned not wayne the goblin/robot.

Im sorry for being an asshole and have changed my ways, thank you for pointing out my folly and i hope we can put the past behind us.

P.S im sorry dt posters and i promise not to speak ill of you again.