A True Metal Summer!

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
http://www.megatherion.com said:
The new Therion albums are called "Sirius B" and "Lemuria" and will be released the 24th of May. They will be released as two separate albums, but during a period of two months, there will be a double release available, so that people can get them both for more or less half the price. This release will be pressed as much as people buy it during these two months and after that what ever left in stores and distribution channels can continue to sell as long as it lasts. You can consider this special offers as a present from Therion to the fans.

http://www.nevermore.tv said:
After much controversy the Seattle-based band NEVERMORE have officially re-signed with Century Media Records worldwide and are now preparing for a slew of activity in support of Enemies of Reality, their latest effort. The dynamic quartet will embark on a headlining U.S. tour this summer with support acts to be announced soon.

http://www.mightyrhapsody.com/index.php said:
With the forthcoming (late May) release of the mini album "The Dark Secret”, the Italian epic metal band RHAPSODY provides a taste of their long play album that is due in September of this year.

The massive production was done in several studios throughout Europe; from England to Italy, from the Czech Republic and Belgium to Germany. Supported by appearances by more than a dozen international guest soloists and the entire Bohuslav Martinu Philharmonic Orchestra from the Czech Republic, a 50 piece choir as well as Christopher Lee - the grand seigneur of film and one of the most filmed actors in history, the "Dark Secret" as well as the yet untitled album will set the world of Symphonic Metal on fire.

"The Dark Secret":
01 Unholy Warcry (short version)*
02 Thunder's Mighty Roar*
03 Guardians Of Destiny (English version)*
04 Sacred Power Of Raging Winds
05 (Track tbc)*

* Tracks will not be included in the forthcoming album

Limited edition bonus DVD:
- "Making of" the new album (incl. Interview segments with e.g. C.Lee)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Mix of "Unholy Warcry" (short version)

http://www.blind-guardian.com/index2.html said:
The long awaited Blind Guardian DVD entitled "Imaginations Through The Looking Glass" will be released in Germany on June 14, 2004 (other release dates to follow as they are confirmed). The double DVD set will contain the following:

DVD 1 - Blind Guardian Open Air (Coburg)
War of Wrath
Time Stands Still
Banish from Sanctuary
Nightfall
The Script for my Requiem
Valhalla
A Past and Future Secret
Punishment Divine
Mordred's Song
The Last Candle
Bright Eyes
Lord of the Rings
I'm Alive
Another Holy War
And then there was Silence
Somewhere far Beyond
The Bard's Song (in the Forest)
Imaginations from the other Side
And the Story Ends
Mirror Mirror

DVD 2 - Bonus DVD:

Interview with Blind Guardian
Backstage Scenes of the "A Night At The Opera Tour 2002"
The making of "The Blind Guardian Festival Coburg 2003"
Slideshow
Bonus songs:
Into the Storm (Stuttgart 2002)
Welcome to Dying (Stuttgart 2002)
Lost in the Twilight Hall (Stuttgart 2002)
Majesty (Wacken 2002)
The DVD with NOT be region free. There will be separate PAL and NTSC versions with the appropriate region code for each country.

A trailer for the DVD will be released in the near future through the official homepage. Neither the format nor the size of this trailer is yet known. Distribution of the trailer will most likely be done using BitTorrent (as was done with the Live CD outtakes). Also the DVD cover image with be released in the near future.

:headbang:

yes, all of this news, plus we wrap up the summer with the ProgPower fest here in the US in September. And with Tad Morose as one of the guests (and topping my list of who to see), along with Brainstorm, Wuthering Heights, and members of Savatage, I couldn't be happier! :D
I kick off the summer of metal on may 4th when I get to see Iced Earth, Children of Bodom, and Evergrey here in Atlanta. A friend saw them last night in Chicago. I'm waiting for a concert review and once I get it, I'll pass the info along in here. Cool?

:devil:

~Hoyt.

I'm curious about that Blind Guardian DVD, mostly because I've been to the festival and I guess it's always nice to have some footage of a show you've been to. The film crew was also shooting on the campgrounds and everywhere else basically, so there should be some interesting things on the DVD.