A year today....

Dodheimsgard

Oct 13, 2005
Scotland
For any of you who don't know (which will be few), It is a year today since the legendary Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell Abbot was murdered on stage. Just thought I'd leave a post for everyone to leave their thoughts about Dime...

I remember last year when he died there seemed to be alot of coverage and talk about it. Now there is nothing and it seems he has been forgotten..why? Why should we not memoralise this great man?

sykosami said:
I remember last year when he died there seemed to be alot of coverage and talk about it. Now there is nothing and it seems he has been forgotten..why? Why should we not memoralise this great man?
You're absolutely right.

misfit said:
was that a whole year ago? fuck, what have i done with my time :\

Seriously.

I never thought Dimebag Darrell was a "great man" or anything. He was just a man, simply. Pantera was good at times, and so was he. What really upset me about his death were the circumstances around it. How could that happen at a concert? What kind of a coward are you to shoot someone who's performing on a stage, doing what they love, completely defenseless? That really frightens me. Is anyone else sometimes afraid at concerts now, or afraid for the people on stage?

I'm sure you've all gone over this before, I just felt like reiterating.

i do believe this is music discussion. if you keep editing threads, and killing conversation, your board will die. its allready dying because of bad moderation.
~gR~

Susperia said:
Seriously.

I never thought Dimebag Darrell was a "great man" or anything. He was just a man, simply. Pantera was good at times, and so was he. What really upset me about his death were the circumstances around it. How could that happen at a concert? What kind of a coward are you to shoot someone who's performing on a stage, doing what they love, completely defenseless? That really frightens me. Is anyone else sometimes afraid at concerts now, or afraid for the people on stage?

I'm sure you've all gone over this before, I just felt like reiterating.

people get shot all the time. what makes dimebag different? cuz he played in a band? do you guys care about rappers who get shot? prolly not, i know i dont. so why should i care about dimebag?
~gR~

genocide roach said:
people get shot all the time. what makes dimebag different? cuz he played in a band? do you guys care about rappers who get shot? prolly not, i know i dont. so why should i care about dimebag?
~gR~

I never once said that Dimebag was special. In fact, I said I didn't think he was a great man. All I said was that it's cowardly to shoot someone like that. It's cowardly for anyone, even rappers, okay?

Susperia said:
I never once said that Dimebag was special. In fact, I said I didn't think he was a great man. All I said was that it's cowardly to shoot someone like that. It's cowardly for anyone, even rappers, okay?

im speaking in generalities. you did indeed say he wasnt special, and thanks for that, but most people idolize him and i dont understand why. and then these same people laugh when some rapper gets shot and i cant quite grasp how people dont realize their stupidity.
~gR~

genocide roach said:
i do believe this is music discussion. if you keep editing threads, and killing conversation, your board will die. its allready dying because of bad moderation.
~gR~

There's a difference between discussion and trolling. The sad part is some people have trolled so much they don't realize their input to certain topics is quite shit and has no ounce of "discussion" whatsoever.

so can i call myself a troll now? cuz ive always wanted the prestige of having such a title.

oh, and thanks for deleting my other threads, especially one created just for discussion, swiftly killed before it had a chance to prove its worth.
~gR~

MetalAges said:
There's a difference between discussion and trolling. The sad part is some people have trolled so much they don't realize their input to certain topics is quite shit and has no ounce of "discussion" whatsoever.

I don't see a difference. Ones trolling is anothers' opinion. In fact, I don't see any trolling in this thread yet. Just because you disagree doesn't make it trolling. Like I said in another post, forums are turning into communist-style forums.

AsIDied said:
I'm quite disgusted. I think you children should be locked in a room and forced to listen to Pantera, consider it an education.

I'd consider it a punishment, and

Dimebag can easily be considered the greatest metal guitarist of all time.

:lol: