A year today....

AsIDied said:
I'm quite disgusted. I think you children should be locked in a room and forced to listen to Pantera, consider it an education.

Dimebag can easily be considered the greatest metal guitarist of all time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10293847 said:
I don't see a difference. Ones trolling is anothers' opinion. In fact, I don't see any trolling in this thread yet. Just because you disagree doesn't make it trolling. Like I said in another post, forums are turning into communist-style forums.

that's because the posts were deleted already :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's gonna happen...

As is DE, I'm really indifferent. I don't really care any more than I would had it been anyone else. And in fact there was somebody else. Why wouldn't we memorialize the other people that died as well? Are they lesser individuals? Certainly not. Of course it's unjust and unfair the way he died, certainly before his time, but it's not a unique circumstance at all. I just can't stand idolization.

I would offer my opinion, but I don't want to incite Genocide Roach again to wax philosophic about how everyone besides him is wrong.:loco:

BTW, just want to mention that I will always treasure the memories of seeing Dime play live and the fact that I grew up with his music. Good guitarist or mediocre, say what you will, but I'm not alone in saying Darrell Abbott made a huge impact on my life.

Although I hate idolization, it's something to be expected.

But hopefully not for years to come on and on over and over every death anniversary. Geez, move on already. Same with the Lennon lovers, the Cobain crazies, the RIP Chuck-ers, move along...

This from someone who grew up listening to Dime's guitarwork in Pantera and loving every bit. The sentimentality gets lost with bludgeoning repetition, people. The mourning happened a year ago. More of it won't bring him back. Just let it go. [/$0.02]

Dimebag Darrell might have played some good solos but I don't see him as a "great man". Pantera didn't really do a lot to metal except bring metal, drugs and booze mixed into one to the mainstream audience and create a whole new group of metal fans who are "hardcore".

dimebag darrell's death and being hugged by this japanese girl i know with huge titties are pretty much the only memories i have of the last year of my life; and that's really depressing imho :eek:

but really i wouldn't even remember dimebag (or john lennon) if this thread hadn't been posted :eek: x2

anonymousnick2001 said:
Although I hate idolization, it's something to be expected.

But hopefully not for years to come on and on over and over every death anniversary. Geez, move on already. Same with the Lennon lovers, the Cobain crazies, the RIP Chuck-ers, move along...

This from someone who grew up listening to Dime's guitarwork in Pantera and loving every bit. The sentimentality gets lost with bludgeoning repetition, people. The mourning happened a year ago. More of it won't bring him back. Just let it go. [/$0.02]

You know mourning is a natural human emotion that cannot be helped, or stopped, right?

Why try to supress it. We mourn the dead, we miss them, it's our nature to miss things when we no longer have them. (Not that I miss Dimebag Darrell much).

AsIDied said:
I'm quite disgusted. I think you children should be locked in a room and forced to listen to Pantera, consider it an education.

Dimebag can easily be considered the greatest metal guitarist of all time.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

You know I read alot of horseshit surrounding this man, but I agree with the comment of him being "one" of the best, you'd be hard pressed to top the solo in "Psyco Holiday", and countless others. I know he inspired me to be a better guitarist, and I was devistated the day of his death.

Don't take this for me idolizing another person, but I sure did respect him.

wow what a bunch of assholes... you guys don't care, that's fine, but show some respect for those of us who do.
I spent 5 hours working on a portrait of Dimebag as a tribute, because I'm bummed out about it! He was a great influence on many people as a guitarist and a person as well...

R.I.P.

You guys who actually care about the whole incident should respect the opinion of those who don't as well. Geez, what's this double standard shit. Personally he wasn't that great a guitarist and I don't know why there's such a big hoo-ha over his guitar playing or his riffs but I understand how some people are brought up listening to his music. As Nick said idolization is something to be expected, but alot of people just carry Dime's balls too much.

etlgfx said:
wow what a bunch of assholes... you guys don't care, that's fine, but show some respect for those of us who do.
I spent 5 hours working on a portrait of Dimebag as a tribute, because I'm bummed out about it! He was a great influence on many people as a guitarist and a person as well...

R.I.P.

Here here.

I respect that people have a right to free speach, but coming onto a forum about remembering and discussing the anniversary of the death of a person who was greatly respected in many cases and saying how they weren't a good person and laughing at other people who thought they WERE a good person is getting quite pathetic. If you were one of those people, grow up and get a life.

Pantera wasn't very good...at all.

Dimebag was a good guitarist (good, not great), and he could have used his talents better in another band.