AA in Australia AGAIN!!!

does anyone have an idea of what the set list will be?

"This is the Twilight world tour so of course we will play a lot of new songs, then we will try to get a balanced mix of older material. We’ll try to play other songs than we did last time."

That's as close as we got in our interview :p More at http://www.metalobsession.net/amon-amarth-olavi-mikkonen-18112009 if anybody cares. Hope this doesn't count as spam, thought people might be interested in an Aussie interview with them :)

^
MO: Various minor theatrics have been utilised at Amon Amarth shows such as the drinking horns, wristbands etc do you find this helps you in a way to get into character in order to give a more liberated and better live performance or is not something you really think about?
OM: Perhaps it helps, I never thought about it. We lost our horns at Chile customs earlier this year so after that we sort of dropped the horn thing. It’s always been a hassle to get into different countries with the horns.

Damn, the Chile customs must be very thirsty! :D

Also a BBQ with the band would be nice, like the one they did at Melbourne in 2008, as said in the interview.

HOLY FUCK

Just got back from the Perth show, easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I'd heard Amon were goddam amazing live, but that's an understatement. Everything, inclding the setlist, the sound quality, the appreciation from the band, the respect from the crowd, EVERYTHING was dead on. I'll do my best at compiling a set list, but I could be wrong. Also not in order.

Twilight of the thundergod
Free will sacrifice
Pursuit of vikings (i think)
Death in fire
Runes to my memory
Asator
Where silient gods stand guard
Guardians of Asgaard
Gods of war arise
Tattered banners bloody flags (personal highlight)
Cry of the blackbirds
Live for the kill

Im pretty sure i missed one or two, but that seems about right. The best bit though was the lack of barrier between the crowd and the stage. Easy to surf and get on the stage with the big men themselves. An honour I've never had with any gig before. This band genuinally cares about their fans. After the show the stayed on stage, bowed and went about shaking hands with everyone they could. Well I'm pretty much babbling at this point, but goddam...im still in shock. AMAZING.

Very true man, I found that amazing as well. Any other band I imagine they would have been happy to play their songs and fuck off, but these fuckers actually cared enough to push through the obvious pains and put on one hell of a show for their fans. Hats off man, hats off.

No, i definitely would've remembered that one. Still, no great loss overall. Ridiculously good.

I was surprised that even though we were such a small crowd (probably filling up only half of capitol) the energy was amazing, both from the crowd and the band. Its good to see that Amon give it all, even at small venues, all the way to the huge ones like Wacken.

Great show, cannot wait to see them again

I was surprised that even though we were such a small crowd (probably filling up only half of capitol) the energy was amazing, both from the crowd and the band. Its good to see that Amon give it all, even at small venues, all the way to the huge ones like Wacken.

Great show, cannot wait to see them again

out of all the bands i've seen (and i've seen plenty) AA are the only band to have taken my breath away every time i've seen them. they are truly a force to be reckoned with!

they're committed and dedicated to their fans as we are for them!

fucking hell i'm just about kittens thinking about tomorrow and saturday night. ha!!

Fuck I really want to go to the sydney show but I have something on that night in north sydney, does anyone know what time they will start playing? I might be able to make it just in time for them depending on how late they start...