AA in Australia AGAIN!!!

Anyone from down my way driving up? My lift has bailed and I dunno if I wanna leave my bike parked in the city while I'm there. Any secure parking near the metro??

Fuck I really want to go to the sydney show but I have something on that night in north sydney, does anyone know what time they will start playing? I might be able to make it just in time for them depending on how late they start...

Jesus, man, make the effort. You will not fucking regret it.

I was surprised that even though we were such a small crowd (probably filling up only half of capitol) the energy was amazing, both from the crowd and the band. Its good to see that Amon give it all, even at small venues, all the way to the huge ones like Wacken.

That was amazing wasn't it? You can really tell when the band is just up there to play their shit and bugger off and when the band is up there enjoying themselves and being thankful to the fans and giving all for it. And Amon fucking gave all. Also, as a bonus, there were no fuckheads in the crowd looking to destroy people. Pretty brutal pit, but no dickholes looking for a fight. Also I gotta mention the pastel wool viking helmet complete with pigtails that Johan was wearing for a while. Hillarious. Christ, still buzzing. Maybe best gig ever?

Anyone from down my way driving up? My lift has bailed and I dunno if I wanna leave my bike parked in the city while I'm there. Any secure parking near the metro??

Do as I do ride around the barriors, there is plenty of car parks near the metro, otherwise a short walk away there is free on street bike parking, just google bike parking in CBD and you should be able to find a list of bike parking. Also dont forget that any timed/meterd parking you dont have to pay just have to stick to the times on the signs.... Just in case you dont know if you plan on using the toll roads such as the ED ect then when u go thru the toll gates, ride slow and to the side of the lane and it shouldnt charge you :) Iv had 4 months of free toll its great!

"spando Quote:

Jesus, man, make the effort. You will not fucking regret it."

Its not about not wanting to make the effort its that I have to attend something else before hence why I asked what time there set was starting, So I can do both...

HOLY FUCK

Just got back from the Perth show, easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I'd heard Amon were goddam amazing live, but that's an understatement. Everything, inclding the setlist, the sound quality, the appreciation from the band, the respect from the crowd, EVERYTHING was dead on. I'll do my best at compiling a set list, but I could be wrong. Also not in order.

Twilight of the thundergod
Free will sacrifice
Pursuit of vikings (i think)
Death in fire
Runes to my memory
Asator
Where silient gods stand guard
Guardians of Asgaard
Gods of war arise
Tattered banners bloody flags (personal highlight)
Cry of the blackbirds
Live for the kill

Im pretty sure i missed one or two, but that seems about right. The best bit though was the lack of barrier between the crowd and the stage. Easy to surf and get on the stage with the big men themselves. An honour I've never had with any gig before. This band genuinally cares about their fans. After the show the stayed on stage, bowed and went about shaking hands with everyone they could. Well I'm pretty much babbling at this point, but goddam...im still in shock. AMAZING.

Pursuit of Vikings was the final song, wasn't it? They had a two song encore.

If you're going to get merch, get it first thing.

AA merch sold like fucking hotcakes last night in Brisbane and apparently it was the same in Perth. If you wait until middle of the night, or end - there won't be anything left except XL or 2XL. Maybe a couple of L if you're lucky. No S's were ordered [on every other JSR tour, they've always been the worst seller I've been told] so the smallest size you can get is a M and the hoodies are only in L or XL.
The only S's sold will be in the girls shirts.

Merch sold on the night:

615_0.jpg

Also available in long sleeve [$55], short sleeve [$45] and a hoodie [$80].
Only sold in M, L, XL or 2XL. Hoodies only in L or XL.

580_0.jpg

Also available in long sleeve [$55], short sleeve [$45] and a hoodie [$80].
This is the design with the tour dates on the back.
Only sold in M, L, XL or 2XL. Hoodies only in L or XL.

624_0.jpg

This isn't the exact design for the girls shirt, it's JUST the AA logo itself with no ornament design in the background.
These are in S, M or L. [$40]

Packing up after the show took us seriously about twenty minutes [usually takes around 45 mins - an hour] and most of that time was trying to peel the gaffa tape off the wall. We had barely any shirts left, so just a heads up...GET YOUR MERCH FIRST!

Hi guys... what an AMAZING show last night!

I had the opportunity to photograph the band last night. Check out some of the photos here:

So I saw AA in Melbourne last night, it was the best show I've ever seen! The crowd was nuts. Got myself a T-shirt, and also, luckily, got the chance to get in a photo with Johan Hegg, Ted and Olavi too, after spotting them roaming the streets whilst in line for the show lol! Epic!

What can I say, that was fucking amazing. I got on the barrier for entirety of the show, Bane played an awesome set as usual, EotE turned out pretty good after one shitty song and then Amon Amarth. Probably one of the best shows I have ever seen. No voice today but I caught the first pick johan threw out. AWESOME!!

What can I say, that was fucking amazing. I got on the barrier for entirety of the show, Bane played an awesome set as usual, EotE turned out pretty good after one shitty song and then Amon Amarth. Probably one of the best shows I have ever seen. No voice today but I caught the first pick johan threw out. AWESOME!!

you 'caught' it ehh? :p haha.
I agree though. Fucking epic gig! Awesome set. Just amazing!