Aaron Smith mixing Periphery? :) Multi-cam Drum video inside

FrancescoFiligoi

Count Blastula
Nov 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Hi folks! Some weeks ago, during my band's recordings, we had enough time to let our drummer record a bunch of covers at the beautiful Blackmirror Studios.

The first of these is Periphery's classic tune Icarus Lives. Many other drum videos will be released soon, including covers and recordings for the incoming Abiogenesis album.

I contacted Aaron Smith (7 Horns 7 Eyes, Jeff Loomis) to mix drums for this song, and he did a stellar job! Snare and kick are very punchy, but the overall "in-room" factor remains intact.

If you wanna listen to a drums-only version, here it is!

The next covers will be mixed by other Sneapsters such as Sacha Laskow, Ermin Hamidovic and Jeff Dunne. It will be cool to hear the different mixing approaches to these tracks.

If you have any questions about the drumkit, mics and pres used, just ask :) Hope ya dig it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that snare tone is fabulous, dry enough to go well with the video, but punchy enough to cut thru everything :)

Next videos will be Behemoth - Ov Fire And The Void (Aaron) and The Black Dahlia Murder - Deathmask Divine (Sacha), we still have other 16 covers to publish so it will be a long journey haha.

Yes that snare tone is fabulous, dry enough to go well with the video, but punchy enough to cut thru everything :)

Next videos will be Behemoth - Ov Fire And The Void (Aaron) and The Black Dahlia Murder - Deathmask Divine (Sacha), we still have other 16 covers to publish so it will be a long journey haha.

Really looking forward to both! :kickass::headbang:

Can't wait to here the Behemoth Cover :)

Any chance to get some info on the snare processing? (Well I guess since you didn't mix it you don't have much information, but if so ... :) )