Abba sues Opeth for copyrights infringement!

:OMG: Ahhh, geez...why would Mike do this? God, I'm really disappointed in this. How many more hidden tunes of Opeth's are taken from other artist's? Geez, this is a clear RIP from Abba - I thought somewhat similar, then I could forgive. But oh...my...god, it was one of the Moor's (or even Opeth's) FINEST moments ever, completely taken from an old pop band.

Ok, it's been the beatles (Atonement), Camel (Benighted), King Crimson (Wreath) and now this - which is the MOST obvious, and I haven't heard of this before.

Well, all I have to say is...GO ABBA!!! Wow, they must have had other great melodies in their songs as well haha.

apparantly every one here is too tough, and keeping up the image of a metalhead :p ... of the few pop bands the last 30 years that DID make some good music, ABBA must be one of them ... at least they wrote their own music (can you imagine that for a pop band! ;))
oh well, I can be proud now of myself when I was 5, for liking ABBA :p ... but still, if my radio goes off in the morning, and it's ABBA, I let it play through the song ;) ...

Who cares. ABBA rules. Few bands have release so many good pop songs over the years. My first album ever was an ABBA record, back in the -70s. I was 6 or 7 years old or and it was the first record I bought with my own money, probably because it had an awesome fold out cover:

abbagh1s.jpg

If you gonna steal, steal from the masters and if you honestly think that Benny Andersson doesn't have eleet writing skillz you're pretty much like the \m/ SLAYER!!! \m/-fans that bash band like Opeth, in my opinion.

Any just remember, if you liked it in Opeth, how the f*ck can you say it's crap? ;)

ps. Anyone heard the obvious theft from the Monkey Island-theme on the new Therion album? That's a gold star in my book. ds.

Can someone show me all the songs which have this? and on what song of another band the melody is? (example: Wreath-3:42, smoke on the water-1:32===========>I know this isn't true I just showed you how I want to see)

Who cares. ABBA rules. Few bands have release so many good pop songs over the years. My first album ever was an ABBA record, back in the -70s. I was 6 or 7 years old or and it was the first record I bought with my own money, probably because it had an awesome fold out cover:

abbagh1s.jpg

If you gonna steal, steal from the masters and if you honestly think that Benny Andersson doesn't have eleet writing skillz you're pretty much like the \m/ SLAYER!!! \m/-fans that bash band like Opeth, in my opinion.

Any just remember, if you liked it in Opeth, how the f*ck can you say it's crap? ;)

ps. Anyone heard the obvious theft from the Monkey Island-theme on the new Therion album? That's a gold star in my book. ds.

now, THATS a metalcover!:headbang: just look at Gothic Frida!!!

Whether the lift was concious or unconcious on Opeth's part, who cares? The Beatles were terrific plagarists and still of course an amazing, innovative band at the same time.

that abba picture is plain awesome.

Agreed! :headbang:

And sure, I was never a fan of HUGE hits such as The Dancing Queen or Mama Mia, haha, but you know what....this track in particular with The Moor segment is pretty darn terrific. I have downloaded the song and am just amazed that ABBA had such melodic texturing in their music. Now, I'm not sure, but I think this song wasn't as big a hit so perhaps there are others that are very well done but not as known. In any case, it looks like I have to do my research now.

That is one of the most memorable parts of The Moor now that you mention it. :( That and the "There is no forgiveness in these eyes, for any of you but one" and "ooh ooh ooh ooh" over acoustic parts.

Agreed! :headbang:

And sure, I was never a fan of HUGE hits such as The Dancing Queen or Mama Mia, haha, but you know what....this track in particular with The Moor segment is pretty darn terrific. I have downloaded the song and am just amazed that ABBA had such melodic texturing in their music. Now, I'm not sure, but I think this song wasn't as big a hit so perhaps there are others that are very well done but not as known. In any case, it looks like I have to do my research now.

I'm a huge ABBA fan. I feel like I can finally come out of the '70s pop closet now with this thread. Hahaha

I think you'd like the song The Name of the Game.

ABBA's "Chiquitita" is so good its almost superhuman. Like aliens recorded it. Particularly the outro...just beautiful. If you haven't heard it, try it. If you have , revisit it and listen all the way through.