Abhorrence - Evoking the Abomination

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Abhorrence - Evoking the Abomination
Evil Vengeance Records - 2000
By Patrick

Holy shit, I’ve been hit by a Brazilian death squad and their name is Abhorrence. Abhorrence is another brutal death metal band hailing from Brazil along with Krisiun, Rebaelliun, Mental Horror etc. As you might guess, they play in a very similar, almost identical style, to the above bands, especially Krisiun. The drumming styles of the two bands are very similar using super fast blast beats over faster double bass for long periods of time. The production on Evoking the Abomination is very similar to the latest Krisiun release as well. Is this a bad thing? Hell no! I’d rather hear a million Krisiun clones than one more Slipknot clone.

This music is pure aggression unleashed at a million miles per hour. They sound like they are passionate about their music and the ideas contained there in. The lyrics are shouted and screamed forth like it the last word he’ll ever say. They are 100% dedicated to death metal and you know it right away. The guitar riffs are fast and complicated and the leads are very cool and out of control. The double bass drums don’t stop and this guy blast on the snare incredibly fast for a long while. Very cool.

Yes this album is practically blast beats from start to finish and the songs don’t always have their own sound but on a record like this I don’t mind. I enjoy this style and they are up their with the best of them. They are similar to their country mates but I’m definitely eager to hear more. I look forward to see how much further these guys can push the envelope.

This is only recommended for fans of the Brazilian sound or are looking for good advanced brutal death metal. This is extreme.