Ableton Live has gone nuts!

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
http://www.ableton.com/extend

Check out that video. It explains an integration of Max into Live, which allows users to make pretty much ANYTHING they want, which finally completes Ableton Live and makes it a lot more viable as a DAW. It's a shame, I was just preparing to transfer to Reaper, but this shit does make me want to upgrade my Live and get this new tool too... I just love how flying fast I can work in Live.

Just wanted to share this, it's a really really cool system. How many other DAWs have this option for the users to create custom stuff, ranging from own plugins to modifications of the actual DAW's inner workings like tracks, text labels, whatever?

Ableton is sick. It's become my main DAW now. Once Max for live comes out (I studied Max at university) I'm going to make a built in wave editor.

Wait, seriously? Can you pick different "modules" and connect them and create an effect of your own as you can with Max in Live or how does it work? I haven't seen anything like that in Reaper or the forums... nobody has mentioned it atleast.

drew_drummer: That's cool! That's something Ableton needs to step it up as a DAW, and it's very exciting to see Max in Live and how it is going to affect Live in the future. Everybody will be able to share their plugins and improvement with each other via ableton's site, that's gonna freakin' rock. I mean, this is a damn good business idea too... the developers won't have to listen as much to all the tiny whiny things the users suggest, because the users can simply make their own solutions to most of the things :)

Damn cool stuff.