Audio to MIDI for live... short question!

MetalMiller

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2008
Hesse Germany
www.youtube.com
Let me first say that i´ve tried the search function without success. My question is: What´s the cheapest (working) solution to trigger just kick and snare on a live setup? I´ve tried many times triggering drums via audio interface into laptop/pc but the latency was almost to high. Does this ever worked for anyone? Some guys on other forums said that it could be just a software issues and recommended using ableton live instead of cubase for example. But if this is no solution in any way, does it make sense to buy a cheap drum modul just to turn audio to MIDI (straight from the line out on the mixer in the best case) and than to the interface MIDI-in to avoid one A/D conversion? I know there are many drum mdules with internal sounds like alesis, roland blablabla... but i want to use my own samples! Can you recommend me some cheap modules that would do the job, or is this a crazy idea too.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, the triggers not my problem they not much expensive. But what about using a computer for "SAMPLING" (Sorry for the mistake), without latency pain.

We do it live with a macbook and a alesis io|14 interface, audio from triggers running into ableton live with aptrigga instances.

The latency is comperable to the alesis dm5 module, so it's not that bad.

We do it live with a macbook and a alesis io|14 interface, audio from triggers running into ableton live with aptrigga instances.

The latency is comperable to the alesis dm5 module, so it's not that bad.

Thanks, think i have to try it with ableton and my terratec fireface.

Anyone heard of this http://www.roland.co.uk/drum_room_catdet.asp?ID=TMC6 its a trigger-to-midi modul. Are there any other firms who made something similar, means only just trigger-to-midi nothing else.

Thanks, think i have to try it with ableton and my terratec fireface.

Anyone heard of this http://www.roland.co.uk/drum_room_catdet.asp?ID=TMC6 its a trigger-to-midi modul. Are there any other firms who made something similar, means only just trigger-to-midi nothing else.

Introducing MIDI into the whole chain will yield more latency (i take it from my own experience experimenting with the td-3 and alesis dm5 brains)

I recomend the trigger -> audio input -> aptrigga/drumagog route couse it gives you a lot less latency