About Angels Don't Kill...

Found another one. The main riff from Hate Me! sounds extremely similar to "Payback." Seems all the Bodom hits use borrowed riffs from Miami Vice. Jan Hammer sure knows how to write a good melody.

That is OBVIOUSLY a rip-off. Not that I care too much. Maybe because CoB stopped copying other artists they began to achieve their "new sound" :lol:

I was talking about "Payback" and "Hate Me". Those two do sound nearly the same. The other one doesn't really sound like "Angels Don't Kill."

And no, I'm not on drugs (?)

Well there's definitely resemblance in some chord changes and such that you can tell this influenced the song. But not enough to be considered a rip-off IMO, especially compared to other songs.

Got a link? I checked the Murder Archives and it didn't say anything about it. Then again neither did Downfall but I've heard about that ripping Miami Vice also.

The melody in "Evan" comes pretty close to Downfall. Even though all these 'rip offs' aren't exactly 1:1, I still think it's obvious that they have influenced the stuff when you look at when it was written. The people who say that "it's not exactly the same, there's so many melodies in the world that if you just dig enough of course you will find something remotely similar" fail to see that these, uhm, 'borrowed ideas for melodies' aren't found just from all the music there is in the world but from stuff that Alexi is known to have digged at the time he composed the songs.

Black widow intro, tokyo warhearts intro.. he knew the MV soundtrack pretty well at the time he wrote DF. And in 99 they used the Rock intro (TLAOD and tape), a year later recorded BAM.. Ok, that's so obvious anyway.. but also in HCDR booklet there's "Edward James Olson as Martin Castillo" so the Miami Vice thing was still pretty topical and I don't think the ADK similarity is just a coincidence. Same thing with for example AYDY melody / SOAD's Roulette, he was really digging SOAD especially at that time according to many interviews.

Personally I don't really mind, I guess this happens pretty easily. I can't get Jan Hammer's melodies out of my head either! The only thing that bothers me is the Punch Me intro because it's just a bit too much.