About PT MPowered to give it a try

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Hello,

It has been a long time since I wanted to try Pro Tools, and I couldn't because of the fact that even its demo needs a piece of compatible gear.

I'm starting to think about giving it a try, and I wanted to know if some of you have good advices about MPowered PT, for a guitarist/songwriter/mixer.

- Are the Fast Track usb interface good ? I'm thinking of the "Fast Track USB". I've also seen the tiny "Transit" audio usb interface.

- Will it be possible to record guitars and mikes with my line6 toneport UX2 ? I mean can we set the master asio as the Maudio card one, and still be able to use another interface, so that pro tools is happy that we still use its favourite authorized gear ?

- Is 100€ ($130) a good price for PT MPowered 7 ?

thanks if you guys can help me :)

fast track USB is a fucking terrible interface. The fast track Pro is the bare minimum (still sucks balls though), the Ultra is good as are the Profire 610 and 2626.

You can't use your Line 6 interface at all, unless maybe for a MIDI interface.

what I feel strange is the fact that even with a compatible card you cannot record with another one... I mean I could still record otherwere but that's just stupid.

Yeah... I never record with PT outside the studio. But if I need to access the projects from home/somewhere, the Black Box as a dongle does the trick.