About the new album

Choirs of the Eyes is in my list of top albuns and, normally, I couldn’t wait to listen to your new stuff. And then here we are (notice that I’m writing now, after one month listening to it every day).

The album suffers of terrible disease: too long and repetitive parts and useless ones.

For exemple On Limp Formid is a great song up to its 8 minutes. After that we see a show of repetitive parts with that “riff” and those percussive elements. You spent 10 minutes of the song doing this! Useless!

The same goes to Paper Caravelle. The song is pretty ok up to 5:30. After that we see a bunch of random noises. In some parts I tought that I was swiming with dolphins.

Amaranth The Peddler has almost the same construction as Paper Caravelle. Just open any edit song program (like Cool Edit) and check out: some noises in the begining, the “song” in the middle and the rest noises again. Although I enjoy more the noises from Amaranth. Don’t take the word noises in a negative way. Noise is music as well.

The first song is almost perfect, but it suffers from the same thing: too repetitive moments, but here I would say that the only problem are those screams in the middle section.

Finally, the best song for me: Aura On An Asylum Wall. Totally perfect. Why? She doesn’t suffer from the disease I told you in the second paragraph. You would say: That is a normal song, that is why you liked, Ecto. No dudes, that’s not the point. I know for you be labeled as no-music is a praise and that’s the reason I like Kayo Dot. You are different. But this time, maybe you took your music beyond the edges of what is acceptable for me.

I know you don’t give a fuck about what I think, but as a fan I kind of want to express my (up to now) disappointment towards the album. Maybe time will change my opinion. Good luck for you!

I think you need to expand your music outside of the ages you set for yourself... Actually yeah, I don't care, but that's a good idea. If you don't like Dowsing, I suppose you'll like Library Loft even less.

i feel like probably most of the music that i write in the next few years is going to be similarly drawn out and boring to the average rock listener, so you should probably sign off now before you get disappointed again --- the beginning of "Amaranth" is my favorite part on the record and I'm going to do tons more stuff like that. Also it's quite melodic so i'm not sure why you perceive it as random noises...!

Of course my review isn't imparcial. Do you know any reviewer that is 100% imparcial? I don't.

My opinion: The bass parts completely add as much as some other things that are hailed on this album, if not even more. Give Canceryan a solo record deal. Where's the props? Wear a skirt and argyle socks, introvert.

FuSoYa said:
I think I'm actually gonna turn my Zelda observation into a fullblown article and pretend it was written by someone else. Stay tuned.
"someone else"=James McConkey?