About the upcoming DVD

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
Dudes ok...I'm very excited to have it but I'm fucking sick and tired with the heavy set list. If they can't play old material, why they don't try and play songs never played before? Master's Apprentices? Very good, but The Drapery Falls again? The Leper Affinty again? What about Wreath? Dirge For November? Blackwater Park?...Shit!

I've seen Opeth play a heavy set 3 times, and to be honest, I will pretty much be happy with whatever they play. There isn't one song I don't like, and for a band with seven albums, thats pretty damn impressive.

Considering how much they have been touring (they've been to America 3 times this year!!!!) its a wonder they managed to rehearse the soft set enough. I saw them in Toronto (yeah, I went all the way from London!) and it was nothing short of incredible.

I would like to see "Advent" and "Demon of the Fall" in the London set list, but its not going to happen. As much as I love these songs, I'm not complaining. Hey, were getting "Master's Aprentics", be grateful were getting one new heavy song!

Big deal you went all the way from london .. dude if I hade enough money and I could drive id drive from newfoundland to toronto any day to see Opeth .. london is not a long distance to see Opeth . I flew from newfoundland to toronto to see In Flames and Nevermore .......

and you people call yourself fans....

Im just kiddin, some people appreciate live acts more than others I guess

I'm quite happy with the setlist seeing as it has The Leper Affinity,The Drapery Falls,A Fair Judgement and Deliverance,which are good songs. They could've picked a lot worse from BWP/Deliverance. Just a shame that Music For Nations won't pay for the earlier stuff. Same shit with Iced Earth.

I think they should drop The Drapery Falls. Leper Affinity and Master's Apprentice should definitely stay. Replace The Drapery Falls with The Funeral Portrait! They should do this, it's off BWP so they could. Some one needs to talk to the band.

I want to hear BWP and The funeral portrait! And Wreath! And indeed lose The drapery Falls! Allthough it's fucking cool to hear it live. I don't know man...It's a difficult choice; seeing some new stuff live, or seeing the good old stuff you've experienced yourself at a few shows.

I am almost with all the things you said guys...I understand that Opeth don't have time to practice...I just got upset as a fan that would like to see them playing different stuff...another thing that makes me bored is the fact that they won't play Patterns In The Ivy 2 and Still Day Beneath The Sun...they could change the Damnation set list...play the whole album is no good in my opinion...
Anyway, I'm happy with the DVD.

OK fine, they can keep the drapery falls, but I want to hear the funeral portrait also. Leper Affinity, Funeral Portrait, Masters Apprentice....man would that be awesome.

i was just shocked that they didn't pley Bleak! it's a fan favourite, Mike likes it. It actually was voted favourite off BwP and 3rd fav' out of their whole catalog, and they play it in heaps of their live shows, why not this time? Plus its my favourite song of theirs, so i guesse im a bit biast

oh, i always though they play Bleak, but im still pissed that they didn't play it. But SPD is also one of my fav's, so u must of been lucky.

I dont see why they have to play ALL of damnation tho, why not subsitute 2 or 3 songs of Damnation and replace it with Bleak or BWP or something?

I read here that the DVD is coming out in November. I also read somewhere else that it won't be out until sometime in '04 (which sounds more likely). Is there a projected release date?

And speaking of distance travelled, I came so close yesterday to just booking a fucking trip to London to see this show. Expedia had a package for like $950. I couldn't get time off on such short notice (plus I promised this girl I would take her to Radiohead here on the 28th).

That's, what has been bothering me for a long time. I can understand the reasons, why a band plays the most popular songs on a tour, but it sltill leaves me wishing for those, they never play. Or at least the ones, i've never seen.

How about an unusual tour, where they'd play all the rare songs? ;) How about this setlist:

Wreath
The Moor
April Ethereal
Nectar
To Bid You Farewell
Dirge For November
The Apostle In Triumph
Face Of Melinda
The Amen Corner

Blackwater Park

Thank You, Opeth, You are the greatest band ever! :D

Yeah, i wished...

AT LEAST BLACKWATER PARK, FOR GOD'S SAKE! IT'S D-TUNED AS WELL, CAN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT!

:D