Opeth 2004 DVD on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
EveOfDarkness said:
that sounds AMAZING. YOu know what, I think I'm going to buy it, rip it and uploaded it for everyone who doesnt want to buy it, just cuz im that nice of a guy. haha man what a seltist. I hope the quality is good.

I heart you.

I agree! And so does Peter obviously:

From http://www.abrasiverock.com/interviews/opeth02-02-04.php

Abrasive Rock: Since there are a bunch of bootlegs that are available on Ebay, there are a lot of audio and video bootlegs… What's the band's stance on that? What do you guys think of those?

Peter: Well, for a band like us I think those bootlegs are… I don't like the fact that people actually earn money on bootlegs. But I don't mind bootlegs circulating because for us it's just promotion. If we were Metallica we would probably lose money on that because people wouldn't even buy our records or whatever. I think our fans still will buy the records and this is just a chance to reach even more people. But, I don't like, like I said, that people actually sell those bootlegs. It should be like a tape exchange kind of thing that we did in the 80's and early 90's. They should exchange it for something else. So when we see it on Ebay we usually mail these people and say, "you shouldn't sell it. Send us a copy" but most of them don't give a shit [laughs]

That is how it should be. And I agree with him that it is promotion for the band. I think Opeth should go the route that Pearl Jam did and record a ton of shows and release them on CD. That would rock!

yeah man it sucks that they make money off of them but they CAN lol They know that the fans really want the bootlegs (esp one with such a good setlist as this one) and they will make sure they get something out of it. Oh well 28 bucks isnt bad, and from what i've read on the unofficial forum (someone said they had this particular bootleg and would rip it but never did) this one is not too bad, just a little shaky camera. So at least i know ahead of time. It's suppose to be a really good bootleg guys, cant wait.

EveOfDarkness said:
that sounds AMAZING. YOu know what, I think I'm going to buy it, rip it and uploaded it for everyone who doesnt want to buy it, just cuz im that nice of a guy. haha man what a seltist. I hope the quality is good.

Do it!

Watch you all bid like $200.00 and just get ripped off. An original Morningrise with the sticker on the jewel case once went for $127.00 USD!!! Fu**in insane!

there's another guy on there auctioning a DVD of the same show (don't know if it's the same exact DVD), the starting bid, or the last bid that I saw was $19.99

sweet majestic darkness said:
That is how it should be. And I agree with him that it is promotion for the band. I think Opeth should go the route that Pearl Jam did and record a ton of shows and release them on CD. That would rock!

The first good idea to come out of the UM opeth board in like a year. :worship:

Wasnt there a video posted on here a while back? It was like, a full concert about an hour long. I really wish I knew where it was! I'de search for it but I dont even know what to search for it under. :erk:

If anyone has it I'de love it if they posted it, or told me where I could find it.

Forest-of-October said:
Wasnt there a video posted on here a while back? It was like, a full concert about an hour long. I really wish I knew where it was! I'de search for it but I dont even know what to search for it under. :erk:

If anyone has it I'de love it if they posted it, or told me where I could find it.

i have the link somewhere, i just have to look it up. it has Godheads Lament which is teh pwn...

Status
Not open for further replies.