[Spinoff] What is the best set Opeth ever performed?

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
..and I don't mean that all the members were doing their best, but the setlist itself - the choice of tracks, if you will.
Due to the thread about bootleg recordings I began to look through my folder of said items, and discovered the most jawdroppingly dropjawingly setlist
:OMG:

Athens, Greece 2004:

01. Intro
02. Master's Apprentices
03. The Drapery Falls
04. The Moor
05. Windowpane
06. To Rid The Disease
07. April Ethereal

08. Deliverance
09. To Bid You Farewell
10. Blackwater Park
11. Demon Of The Fall

Yes, they played four (!) non-brutal tunes, but one of them is "To Bid You Farewell" - and notice the selection of groovy tunes - "The Moor", "April Ethereal", whathaveyou..dammit.

Has this setlist been topped? Perhaps the Meloboat setlist - short but wicked?

Wowie, Camden, England in 2001 was quite lucky too (although "The Moor" in Greece kind of puts that setlist on a pedestal of its own):

The Leper Affinity.
White Cluster.
Forest of October.
Credence.
Bleak.
When.
The Drapery Falls.
Advent.

Nice to see a concert not ending in "Demon of the Fall" too, it's become a tad predictable. FUCK what a great night that must have been :worship:

Well I have to kind of agree that the second setlist is beyond awesome, personally I feel that more than one calm track is enough, but I so want to watch and listen to The Moor live... :erk::loco: teehee

Listening to Opeth live in Zoetermeer, the Netherlands, and another awesome, nay, fuckety-fuck awesome, setlist. But MAN are people talking during the songs and during Mikael's incredibly humorous speeches. It's extra annoying since I understand Dutch. But except for this, it is an awesome concert with awesome sound.

The band plays a song, and when it finishes it's just people talking to each other about what they did last month. What the fuck.

Ghost of Perdition.
When.
White Cluster.
Closure.
Bleak.
The Grand Conjuration.
Under the Weeping Moon.
The Baying of the Hounds.
A Fair Judgment.
Deliverance.

Holy fuck I am so giddy with excitement about Watershed and upcoming concerts... [fanboy]best goddamn band ever devised[/fanboy]

Listening to Opeth live in Zoetermeer, the Netherlands, and another awesome, nay, fuckety-fuck awesome, setlist. But MAN are people talking during the songs and during Mikael's incredibly humorous speeches. It's extra annoying since I understand Dutch. But except for this, it is an awesome concert with awesome sound.

The band plays a song, and when it finishes it's just people talking to each other about what they did last month. What the fuck.

Ghost of Perdition.
When.
White Cluster.
Closure.
Bleak.
The Grand Conjuration.
Under the Weeping Moon.
The Baying of the Hounds.
A Fair Judgment.
Deliverance.

Holy fuck I am so giddy with excitement about Watershed and upcoming concerts... [fanboy]best goddamn band ever devised[/fanboy]

That's what they played when I saw them in London, except they played The Drapery Falls instead of Bleak.

That's the same setlist they played in D.C. The first time i saw them at the 930 club. I actually had just gotten into them at that point. I hadn't heard Godhead before, but after the show i listened to it for hours and was sooo mad i didn't know the song after. I was like 12 or something.

..and I don't mean that all the members were doing their best, but the setlist itself - the choice of tracks, if you will.
Due to the thread about bootleg recordings I began to look through my folder of said items, and discovered the most jawdroppingly dropjawingly setlist
:OMG:

Athens, Greece 2004:

01. Intro
02. Master's Apprentices
03. The Drapery Falls
04. The Moor
05. Windowpane
06. To Rid The Disease
07. April Ethereal

08. Deliverance
09. To Bid You Farewell
10. Blackwater Park
11. Demon Of The Fall

Yes, they played four (!) non-brutal tunes, but one of them is "To Bid You Farewell" - and notice the selection of groovy tunes - "The Moor", "April Ethereal", whathaveyou..dammit.

Has this setlist been topped? Perhaps the Meloboat setlist - short but wicked?
I couldn't agree more!
It was the best concert of my life!

Well here's one for you:

Intro
Godhead's Lament
Forest Of October
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
Face Of Melinda
April Ethereal
Advent
Bleak
Harvest
Demon Of The Fall

In Helsinki, Finland, fall 2003 they played this. Not too sure about the order near the end of the gig... It was an "apology" show for cancelling a festival gig in summer, and they played for well over two hours. I believe that for an another gig in Finland, they played the same but swapped Melinda for A Fair Judgement. There was quite minimal onstage banter though, compared to nowadays, and some comedy relief would have been great when you are standing still for four hours in row (including warmups, etc.) ;)

Well here's one for you:

Intro
Godhead's Lament
Forest Of October
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
Face Of Melinda
April Ethereal
Advent
Bleak
Harvest
Demon Of The Fall

In Helsinki, Finland, fall 2003 they played this. Not too sure about the order near the end of the gig... It was an "apology" show for cancelling a festival gig in summer, and they played for well over two hours. I believe that for an another gig in Finland, they played the same but swapped Melinda for A Fair Judgement. There was quite minimal onstage banter though, compared to nowadays, and some comedy relief would have been great when you are standing still for four hours in row (including warmups, etc.) ;)
That was the first time I saw Opeth live and it was a totally awesome gig. :headbang:

That's the same setlist they played in D.C. The first time i saw them at the 930 club. I actually had just gotten into them at that point. I hadn't heard Godhead before, but after the show i listened to it for hours and was sooo mad i didn't know the song after. I was like 12 or something.

I notice in your sig you have noticed the awesomeness of IN MOURNINGs debut album 'Shrouded Divine' - now go and buy the disc ;) :D