About their albums..

FckinRcknRll

New Metal Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hey, I'm Maor,male, new here.

I got a question.
Take a good look at the last albums of Amon, "With Oden On Our Side", "The Fate Of Norns".
Why is it so diffrent, comparing to their previous albums?

Oh right.

I don't notice a significant change between Versus the World and Fate of Norns, but there is a huge change between Fate of Norns and With Oden on our Side. I think it is a pretty cool direction for the band to go in, I love the more Melodic elements in With Oden...

I liked it too.
Few questions:
a. what's Melodic?
b. isn't there a change in the way of the singing? (I don't know what's the name of the singer. sorry.)
c. how long it took you to grow that hair you got? : )

1. Um... Where the song calms down a little and becomes slightly catchy... Try the first intro into the chorus from Runes to my Memory
2. Johan Hegg (I do know his name:)) does nothing but Death Vocals (as far as I am aware) for the whole thing... Which is pretty cool.
3. About a year

Lets just go ahead and rename this "20 questions about Amon Amarth" :lol:

Death Vocals are when the vocals of a singer are screamed in a deep, guttural throaty way... Which is differant from, let's say, Snow Patrol, who sing. That's the best explanation I can think of.

EDIT:- By the magic of Wiki

The amount of money that a record label is willing to spend on a band changes with the amount of sales a band has. If a band sells more albums and has a big fan base, they get more money alotted for studio time, promotion and so on, and also, a good band gets to use better equipment that is more expensive. Maybe what you're hearing is a difference between the microphone in one studio vs another one when Johan...eh...growls, for example. There is a huge difference in the sound quality from the very first CD (from a million years ago) to the last AA release, WOOOS, and the band's sound must then be adjusted accordingly. I don't know if any of the instruments have been traded in for better models, but that could also make a difference in the sound. There is a big difference in the sound depending on the producer, and this band has been through a few of them. Then, of course, the sound of the band evolves as the minds of the band members evolve in various ways. The lyrics are often metaphors for events that the members have lived through, so obviously, the music changes with their lives. All of this means that you'll get an AA sound with some variety to it. You can't be too static in our song writing,either, or everything would come out sounding the same. I hate bands that put out album after album, and when you sit down and compare them, it turns out that you can actually sing the lyrics from any song to the sound of any given track of all the albums. AA doesn't do that. All the songs are distinct.
This question is really better off getting answered by the band members themselves, but for what it's worth, that's my input.

Err...actually, there's definitely a difference between VtW and FoN...stylistically, FoN is more into definite riffs and melodies, while VtW has the shifting alt-picked streams of 16th notes that characterize their early stuff...In other words, there's a shift towards a musical style more similar to traditional death metal. However, the vocals are definitely less brutal. The production is also noticable cleaner. So, yeah, the sound is fairly different on FoN. The big shift is to WOoOS. The production is way sparser here, for one thing; you can easily pick out each instrument. I actually don't like this; AA sound more like a band and less like an unstoppable juggernaut. But hey, it still kicks ass. In terms of songwriting, there's more of a shift towards verse-chorus stuff with set intro-verse-choruse-verse-chorus riffs, without the random interludes that you could still hear on FoN. The music is more focused (Although Gods Of War Arise simply drifts off after the second chorus, and there's a pointless bit before the first chorus of Valhalla Awaits Me). I think we're gonna be seeing more of this in the future, but hopefully every once in a while they'll toss us another Ancient Sign Of Coming Storm. One thing that's undeniable is that they've progressed as musicians.