Rank the albums from best to worst.

Indeed. Would love to hear "Gods of war arise" at a live show.

You should have gone to the Bloodshed Over Bochum concerts ;) They played it one night, after the Avenger or Crusher set can't remember which one.

You might get lucky next tour!

As for Fate Of Norns, of course there are some really good songs on there, but not as many or as good as every other album :p Arson is my favourite on the album along with Fate Of Norns.

Favourite track Pre Fate of norns: Victorious March/Without Fear/Amon Amarth/Dragon's Flight Across the waves. Way to hard to pick a favourite.

Favourite Tracks Post Fate of Norns: Slaves of Fear/Live for The Kill/Embrace the Endless Ocean/Gods of War Arise.

Again, cant pick just one.

I really like the rawness of the older stuff. The new stuff is too polished in my opinion. I do love all the albums as well though.

That's fair, absolutely, we all have different tastes. You like the raw sound, I have a bit of a rough time with it, but not so as to it being unpleasant, far from it! I like what I hear. - I'm just saying that I personally would like to hear the older ones in a "not-so-raw" and renewed sound. If you don't, you'd still have the rawer sounding CDs to listen to.

In my opinion FoN is really underrated. To me "Once sealed in blood" is a killer song as well.

Arson..?? Lovely song it is.. I think FoN is not at all a weak album..

I'd put 'Versus the World' on top of my list because that's where it all started for me..

I found this difficult. Although I have never really enjoyed Fate Of Norns that much in comparison to the others.

1) Once Sent From the Golden Hall
2) With Oden On Our Side
3) Surtur Rising
4) Twilight of the Thundergod
5) Versus The World
6) Deceiver of the Gods
7) The Avenger
8) The Crusher
9) Fate of Norns

It is incredibly hard, the only one I'm certain about is Norns in last place lol.

1) Once Sent
2) With Oden On Our Side
3) Versus The World
4) Twilight
5) Crusher
6) Avenger
7) Deceiver
8) Surtur
9) Norns

Im embarrassed to admit I have only heard their 4 most recent albums so far. I only got into them when 'With Oden on our Side' was released and have yet to visit their back catalog. I have heard Death in Fire and The Pursuit of Vikings though which are excellent.

Anyway, my list:

01. Deceiver of the Gods

Controversial choice? Maybe, but IMO every song is fantastic, full of amazing riffs and melodies, powerful vocals and great songs. This album knocked my next choice off the top spot.

02. With Oden on our Side

Again this album is chock full of classic songs with great riffs and melodies, I can listen to it all the way through no problem. Runes to my Memory was the first AA song I heard which got me hooked, and Gods of War Arise for me is one of their best songs.

03. Surtur Rising

This album contains a lot of quality songs like the previous 2 but in the middle it does lose a bit of potency IMO although it finishes up on the excellent Doom Over Dead Man. The cover songs are great too.

04. Twilight of the Thunder God

This album is certainly the weakest as far as im concerned. My main problem with it is the songs feel like b-sides to 'Oden, they lack catchy riffs and hooks, and are far less interesting to listen to. There are a few tracks which stand out (the title track, Free Will Sacrifice, Tattered Banners And Bloody Flags, Live for the Kill) but the rest are quite dull. Another problem is the vocals are mixed a little lower in the mix which doesnt help. I will say this album is great to listen to when running though, but any other time I normally choose from the other 3.

1. With Oden On Our Side (how can this not be everyone's? Flawless record.)
2. Twilight of The Thunder God
3. The Avenger
4. Deceiver of The Gods
5. Once Sent From The Golden Hall
6. Fate of Norns
7. Surtur Rising
8. The Crusher
9. Versus The World

Im embarrassed to admit I have only heard their 4 most recent albums so far. I only got into them when 'With Oden on our Side' was released and have yet to visit their back catalog. I have heard Death in Fire and The Pursuit of Vikings though which are excellent.

What I would do to experience this again.
I remember when I discovered the band back in 2003-04 and I went through the back catalogue and was blown away, what an experience it was.

Im onlt just getting into amon amarth, which album would u say is the best to start with?

1) Versus the World
2) With Oden on our Side
3) The Crusher
4) The Avenger
5) Fate of Norns
6) Deceiver of the Gods
7) Once Sent from the Golden Hall
8) Twilight of the Thunder God

I haven't really listened to Surtur Rising so I left it off the list