About to drop free EP, need critiques!! (Guitar Rig, Slate...)

I think it sounds excellent. Since it's a free EP, something done for free can't sound much better than that. The rhythm guitars are a little muddy but that's probably how you wanted them. Good stuff!

Thanks. I am actually trying out the TSE x30....and will prolly switch it up. I'm gonna spend a few hours on it and dial in some tones. Amazing plug in. :D

kick is too loud for my taste, or maybe it's just a question of eq (like too 300-700hz strong w/e), other than that: AWESOME! sounds like fucking devin on vocals, love that dude.

What frequencies do you guys usually like to cut to clear up rhythms? I already have a high pass up to 100hz and a low pass up to 12k....I decreased the 4k at the advice of NS Guitar. Anything else that will clear it up? I mean....it really isn't all that unclear right now, but j/w if anyone has preferences. :D Still using the TSE x30/TSE 808 combo btw...with Guitar Rig for a cab (ultrasonic)

Might try a slim/surgical boost at 1500 on the guitars... should put them a little more in your face. Maybe even another small boost at 400 for the "note" of the guitar track.

Wow, how come you get Devin to sing in this? :lol:
Very cool song! The guitars lack a bit of clarity but otherwise this sounds awesome.

Let me know what you guys think. I switched from Guitar Rig to TSE 808+TSE x30+LeCab2 with a combo of a Fredman impulse and the Recto impulse that was posted in here awhile back. I'm not trying to have the guitars so prominent...more for a blending in effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

I switched back to Guitar Rig and adjusted a few levels. I love the way TSE and LeCab sound on their own, but when blended with my music, I can't seem to get it to mesh. GR seems to cut through and still be heavy while letting everything else shine through....

Last edited by a moderator:
ohhhh....8:19. I thought you were talking about the end explosion, but you meant the whole song. Yeah, I don't do well with subtlety. Even my quietest parts are epic :D

So, the FREE EP will be released on Jan 31. If you want to help promote, FB friend me (Dan Wieten, Muskegon, MI) and on Monday I will be posting a pic to change your profile pic to until the day of the release. I am currently working with a member of Tesseract (yes!) to get some reviews going before the release to get some attention. Thanks for the love so far. <3