Québec !
Visit site
Ok now here's the big deal I face

1380$ ti (Can) for
- a Blue Voodoo 120 head
- a Digitech RP200

Edit -> both are totally new, in their packaged and under guarantee

That is approximately 1000$ US.

I'll sell my Peavey Bandit 112 and my Boss Metal-Zone for 400$ Can -> 300$ US.

So switching from a cheap amp and a sucky pedal to a great amp and a outstanding pedal will cost me 980$ Can --> 700$ US.

Worth it?

Samarkol

P.S. Don't answer saying the Blue Voodoo suck, I do think it is great, and many people agreed with me. And it is cheap.

Ok ... You ask us our opinion, but what else can we say than "go for it" if you tell us not to talk shit about the blue voodoo ?

Well beside that, you should first of all buy ONLY the head amp, then try the different channels without effects. Because working with a digitech on a good amp is a challenge because you gotta use the best sound quality of your amp and not use a shitty output of a stomp preamp simulator. You can find an optimal setting , of course but first you have to know if you really need a digitech with a way lower quality than your amp.

Let me see infos on the digitech...
it's about 650$ US...
digital output (useful in RARE home studio situations)
lotta effects

well it sounds like a good multi fx stomp preamp
My personal amp is great so on stage I'd better use a real lamp/tube (dunno how you call it) preamp as the Rocktron VoodooValve at about 1200$ US, well it's twice the digitech but for professional use, a little multi fx like a digitech is kind of weak at very high stage levels... hmmm if it's just for fun, no problem.

Go for it dude, but try first the amp alone then ask the dealer his opinion and especially the optimal settings for both head and pedal

I've heard nothing but good things about the Crate Blue Voodoo. It's supposed to be a really nice sounding tube head that won't set you back too much.

I hear it's great for Death Metal, Thrash, whatever.... I've honestly never played one, so I can't give you my opinion. Just passing the good word of a few people I trust that know their gear and who I think have great tone.

I'd sell the Peavey in a heartbeat for a Blue Voodoo, without having to hear either. I've had several Peaveys, and have never been impresed. The only Peavey I'd ever consider is the 5150. Not a bad tube amp, but I have a hard time trying to squeeze MY tone out of one. (all the Swedish Black Metal bands use the 5150, for the most part, as does Arch Enemy).

For effects, go with a G-Major... you can get them off ebay for about $400 and they're the best FX processer you can get for under $1000. If you've got $1000 to spend on FX, get a G-Force (practically same thing, except for the extra $600 you get an intelligent harmonizer\pitch shifter).

Try one out, they SMOKE their competition (digitech, Rocktron Korea, Lexicon, etc...). They're also software updatable.

If you use it with a midi controller, you can also use it to change channels on your head, so you don't have to have two seperate controllers... just a thought.

I'd sell the Peavey in a heartbeat for a Blue Voodoo, without having to hear either. I've had several Peaveys, and have never been impresed. The only Peavey I'd ever consider is the 5150. Not a bad tube amp, but I have a hard time trying to squeeze MY tone out of one. (all the Swedish Black Metal bands use the 5150, for the most part, as does Arch Enemy).

Hey did you try switching the stock tubes in it? Maybe some groove tubes or something,.,.I heard their stock tubes blow.,.,oh well.,.

The Blue Voodoo isnt that bad,...but it just isnt as aggressive enough for rhythm (IMO)

Thanks for the input. Well if I had a lot of money I'd buy a better Multi effects, but I ain't got that much $... so I need to go on the RP200 which is good (but not godly) and cheap.

Samarkol